Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, Avatar Research said:

Also consistent. I do believe you have had quite the impact on many posters here. I have wondered if you would have seen the predictions slowly climb higher and higher if not for you and a few others. 

I guess people feel more comfortable saying $2b when i'm over here saying $3.5b or whatever I say. My current is around $3.5b.

1 hour ago, Avatar Research said:

Is the list of people who reacted to this accurate? Strange that 'fans' would not react to the trailer of the movie... 

yeah, i watched that trailer 50 times but may or may not have liked that comment. I wouldn't read into it.

9 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

have they been marketing the avatar re-release? has the trailer shown up in tv or movie theaters? 

never seen a trailer for a re-release for Avatar in theaters, been many times, never once either for NWH, must be tricky with Avatar 2 trailers playing, but i don't think the goal is to make much money, its just promotion for the new movie 

29 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

have they been marketing the avatar re-release? has the trailer shown up in tv or movie theaters? 

rarely watch tv these days but there is this ad running around:

with what frequency is this shown? no idea. But it's there for sure

1 hour ago, Deuce66 said:

Toys will be revealed tomorrow - Day 1 of D23.

Here's a sneak peek at the World of Pandora collection from

@McFarlaneToys

- revealing TOMORROW during D23 Expo. Who else is excited?!!?

FcI3BTAWYAMO3jU?format=jpg&name=4096x409

im gonna get some when they're available 😎

I wonder if we'll get a new trailer this weekend, I give it 50/50

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

im gonna get some when they're available 😎

I wonder if we'll get a new trailer this weekend, I give it 50/50

If I was a betting man (I'm not), I think Disney will unveil a new Black Panther - Wakanda Trailer, a teaser for Indiana Jones and they will tell us that the first real trailer for The Way of Water will be attached to the re-release of Avatar on Sept 22 (exclusive for the first weekend). 

I don't think Disney wants to flood the market with a bunch of trailers on top of all the news they will be releasing on upcoming projects. They say it's a two hour event, 5 minutes per event would equal 24 total, that's a lot to chew on. My guess would be in the 12-18 range allowing for special guests etc...to pump things up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Have they even started working on the VFX for Avatar 3? 

I suspect they have done some basic design work, but am waiting to see how Avatar 2 does before  making the final decision about how much to spend on the third film.