Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 8/27/2022 at 9:26 AM, marveldcfox said:

Marketing has been piss poor since the teaser launch. They need to ramp things up starting at D23. Show more footage and release a new trailer. Avatar Day went and hardly anything substantial came. This needs a day of Imax worldwide 15 minutes footage preview like the first one.

They may announce its releasing tomorrow right now and it will still be fine.

27 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Honestly, can't tell the difference. Seems the brightness levels have increased slightly. 

Difference is quite clear but you need to click it and open on bigger screen, re-release CGI and overall picture is more sharper than blu-ray  (even though that re-release footage is just bad bitrate youtube video) and there are slight color differences but nothing too drastic.

Edited by adaros
  • Like 1

Cameron said: "With the first Avatar, we set out to push the limits of the big screen. With the new Avatar films, we're pushing those limits even further."

http://en.chinaculture.org/a/202208/29/WS630c7b82a310fd2b29e74d38.html

Theres your marketing line

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Footage screened in Beijing, tweet comes from a Chinese government official.

Leaders of both Walt Disney China  & China Film Group came during the screening. 

I guess they try to make it open in DEC, and the movie will end the desolate of local film market for nearly a year.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Leaders of both Walt Disney China  & China Film Group came during the screening. 

I guess they try to make it open in DEC, and the movie will end the desolate of local film market for nearly a year.

yeah I came watching avatar 2 teaser

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Stealing Porthos Name XXR said:

Now an interesting club would be, China > DOM.

4 minutes ago, Potiki said:

IN!

The real interesting bit would be some folks joining for VERY different reasons. :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The real interesting bit would be some folks joining for VERY different reasons. :ph34r:

Now I'm interested what is the other reasoning you are thinking about? I personally just think this will be huge in China, should still be big domestically as well.