Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

So these are the problem matches.

SEMI FINAL #2 | Wed Dec 14 - 7pm GMT

3RD PLACE MATCH | Sat Dec 17 - 3pm GMT

GMT WC FINAL | Sun Dec 18 - 3pm

Many countries are getting an early release on the 14th, Austria, Sweden, France come to mind. Definetly could hurt EU box office.

3rd place match, people will watch it but will 100% skip to go see Avatar 2. So long as their national isn't one of the two teams playing.

WC Final. Brutal, could cost $100m of box office worldwide. No joke. Maybe 10m domestic?

Especially France... They are the defending champs

1 minute ago, GOGODanca said:

Is Disney having cash flow issues? Cause the marketing has been pretty lackluster so far, the first one had a 6 week blitz and here we are one month before release and there isn't much, don't even know when the world premier is

what's the point of burning money on marketing when millions are already sold on it?

15 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It will be fine. It may lose one day money for an important match, no implication for long run. Also I am told that, winter will make it hard to have public outdoor screenings of matches which are bigger event, than just watching a match. 

Outdoor screenings are fueled by booze which warms you up, we'll be fine. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Many countries are getting an early release on the 14th, Austria, Sweden, France come to mind. Definetly could hurt EU box office.

3rd place match, people will watch it but will 100% skip to go see Avatar 2. So long as their national isn't one of the two teams playing.

WC Final. Brutal, could cost $100m of box office worldwide. No joke. Maybe 10m domestic?

Perhaps for opening weekend, but I'll bet anyone who misses it that weekend for those reasons will come out to see it eventually, anyway...thus adding to its longevity.  

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

Perhaps for opening weekend, but I'll bet anyone who misses it that weekend for those reasons will come out to see it eventually, anyway...thus adding to its longevity.  

I think so, but less people seeing it means potentially less word of mouth

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

No such problem in India here, we don't care about Soccer 😎😎, Avatar 2 will be Earth Shattering in India.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

RWv2CPR.png

I would tamper expectations opening wise.

22k online adults amongst 34 countries polled, out of which how many Indians and out of those indians, how many are in those 31%.

Anyways 22k adults is what we get in local fair daily.

No need for any expectation temper, world cup is not a factor here.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

9 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Simon Franglen won the HMMA for best fantasy film score for AWOW!

The fact that Avatar is in fantasy while all the superhero movies are in sci-fi is an aberration, but I'll take it

https://nextbestpicture.com/the-2022-hollywood-music-in-media-awards-hmma-winners/

it should have gone in Feature film, sci-fi or animated... fantasy??

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Simon Franglen won the HMMA for best fantasy film score for AWOW!

The fact that Avatar is in fantasy while all the superhero movies are in sci-fi is an aberration, but I'll take it

https://nextbestpicture.com/the-2022-hollywood-music-in-media-awards-hmma-winners/

Between the nominees there's a Zoe Saldana song