Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Presales just went up at my theater in Italy, which...surprised me? I can't remember ever getting a notification this far out here. Anyway, all shows are 3D so far.

EDIT: ...and a lot of theaters are showing sold out for wednesday already, which I assume is a bug with PS going up too early because it would shock me if they went out this fast as I got the e-mail, like, 10 minutes ago...

Edited by JustLurking

Just booked my IMAX 3D showing for friday night, 7:30pm. I am impressed they managed to fit 5 IMAX screenings in a single day, even if the final one does end at almost 3am! :D

Interestingly, Cineworld seem to be limiting one advanced booking per unlimited card (even for completely different times). Never seen that before, I was able to book two Endgame screenings in advance back in 2019, that's the only time I may have encountered it. 

Very few seats sold, but still there are some sold already. Plenty of showings in 3D, IMAX 3D, 2D, 2D audio described, Screen X 2D, 4DX and even a Subtitled 2D - which I haven't noticed for an English film before! Split for non-PLFs is about 50-50 3D to 2D

But yeah 37 showings planned for OD, and still 35 for Saturday. Cineworld definitely expecting this to be huge in the UK

Edited by Stewart
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Just booked my IMAX 3D showing for friday night, 7:30pm. I am impressed they managed to fit 5 IMAX screenings in a single day, even if the final one does end at almost 3am! :D

Interestingly, Cineworld seem to be limiting one advanced booking per unlimited card (even for completely different times). Never seen that before, I was able to book two Endgame screenings in advance back in 2019, that's the only time I may have encountered it. 

Very few seats sold, but still there are some sold already. Plenty of showings in 3D, IMAX 3D, 2D, 2D audio described, Screen X 2D, 4DX and even a Subtitled 2D - which I haven't noticed for an English film before! Split for non-PLFs is about 50-50 3D to 2D

But yeah 37 showings planned for OD, and still 35 for Saturday. Cineworld definitely expecting this to be huge in the UK

That's Cineworld's policy on all movies, not unique to Avatar 

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

He donated to the swear jar again...potty mouth. Excellent article on the man, it sheds light on how he operates and leads his life. 

2 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Given the marketing so far hasn't been very pro-3D, I just wonder how much 3D ticket they can sell now, purely based on goodwill on the previous Avatar's 3D experience.  

I will be the same way with avatar 1. Few people will go see it in 3D and the WOM will kick in that it was the best experience they ever had 😁.