Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

This is encouraging, Grace Randolph hated the first one (still lukewarm after rewatch)

Now look at her Critic choice awards nomination ballot...

What a drastic change in attitude.

Very Nice and encouraging indeed Brother NCsoft... Goodness the film so good it made a hater into a fan.. Thats some inspiring news for our highend of the spectrum BO predicts my friend... 

HELL YEAH!!

" Whereever We Go.... This Family is our Fortress!"

5 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Another Cameron film in my personal top films coming up?

Also it could get nasty between Cameron/Avatar fans and Marvel fans next week. 

it's nowhere near as packed as No Way Home near my area. Looks like international will have to carry this.

Edit: With worse exchange rates and many countries in economic decline. 

Edited by The GOAT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

It was never going to be on opening weekend and even more especially not on opening night. 

Market conditions (especially with Streaming/Tiktok/Youtube/Etc.), compared to 2009, favors a more presale-based and big OW environment. Let's see if it can pull a Top Gun Domestically. 

5 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

it's nowhere near as packed as No Way Home near my area. Looks like international will have to carry this.

Edit: With worse exchange rates and many countries in economic decline. 

Interesting. So it will not manage 50M previews and 260M OW then....................

FMD the trolling sometimes on this movie make me laugh sometimes.

• Haha 1

Just now, The GOAT said:

Market conditions (especially with Streaming/Tiktok/Youtube/Etc.), compared to 2009, favors a more presale-based and big OW environment. Let's see if it can pull a Top Gun Domestically. 

It does, but it's certainly not on the level of presale/frontload of an extremely hyped superhero movie (5.2x IM). It will be more akin to Jurassic World Dominion (8x IM).

• Like 1

This movie doesn't have any massive spoilers that have to be seen in fear of getting leaked. Such was the case with NWH, Endgame, Infinity War, BPWF, TFA (and other SW movies), and DSMoM. Sure, all of those had leaked plots online (mostly on reddit and selective message boards), but there were enough unspoiled folks that needed to see it early to avoid them before they leaked in the wide open.

Movies like BP1, TGM, Avatar1, and this do not have that. This movie is a "you have to see what it looks like" rather than "you have to see what happens". But that's a trademark of Cameron's movies and it has worked pretty damn well for him so far.

• Like 1