Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

43 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

It’s pretty curious that almost everyone praises the film saying it’s better than the original, but then the overall reception has been kinda worse.

Lol, sry mate but the overall reception is very positive and most of the people say is better than the first one. Just because some naysayers trash this movie on their holy crusade against cameron and avatar fans doesnt mean that their are in the majority.

Just like the first movie, avatar 2 will change cinema as we know it. Prepare yourself for alot of poorly made HFR movies in the future.

Just 12 hours and i will see this in glorious 3d and hfr.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, dignam said:

Lol, sry mate but the overall reception is very positive and most of the people say is better than the first one. Just because some naysayers trash this movie on their holy crusade against cameron and avatar fans doesnt mean that their are in the majority.

Just like the first movie, avatar 2 will change cinema as we know it. Prepare yourself for alot of poorly made HFR movies in the future.

Just 12 hours and i will see this in glorious 3d and hfr.

Cool Brother Dignam it will be an experience that we won't get again until part 3 I suspect.

Love this. The excitement, The wonder of what.James has brought t to the table this time.

Watching Avatar 2 destroy box office records and sweeping award events.  I can't wait.

" Pandoras Heart is Mighty!"

21 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Kayom  my brother Im excited with you... :) How big is your screen..

" WE ARE PART OF THE AVATAR  PEOPLE!"

Movie Avatar GIF

It's a regular one in 2D, but with just 50 seats. This is the one with reclining chairs and in-house butler service. I just want to see this OD. I'll see this in IMAX maybe before the year ends.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

I think the reason for the disparity in what people are saying ("Liked it better than the first") and the score is probably because people's thoughts on the first Avatar have gone down in estimation since 2009. It's been endlessly criticised for certain elements since then and there's probably a whole bundle of new critics who weren't about in 2009. 

I mean that first wave of reactions went out of their way to highlight and address how this movie has/hasn't improved on the criticism's of the first. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

oh it;s definitely making over $3b, why is everyone acting like anything has changed. We've past the first and hardest stage for Avatar 2 with higher RT than the first movie. Audience and opening weekend next!

We're in the exact same position as were in on the 6th

also on another note, hope you manage to get into a showing

I second this. No idea what the fuss is about 😂

8 minutes ago, FilmFincher said:

I think the reason for the disparity in what people are saying ("Liked it better than the first") and the score is probably because people's thoughts on the first Avatar have gone down in estimation since 2009. It's been endlessly criticised for certain elements since then and there's probably a whole bundle of new critics who weren't about in 2009. 

I mean that first wave of reactions went out of their way to highlight and address how this movie has/hasn't improved on the criticism's of the first. 

This is what I suggested could happen right before the reviews came in!

"Avatar 2 is better than Avatar" is very different from "I liked Avatar 2 in 2022, more than I liked Avatar in 2009"

Personally though, I think many people have actually enjoyed it more than they enjoyed Avatar in 2009, perhaps the online discourse full of Avatar hate has melted their brains? Hard to say

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

It's a regular one in 2D, but with just 50 seats. This is the one with reclining chairs and in-house butler service. I just want to see this OD. I'll see this in IMAX maybe before the year ends.

Same here Im going to try and get 3-4 views or more in 4DX and Laser Imax god willing.. LETS GO!!

• Like 1