Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

16 minutes ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

This is not crossing 2 billion. $500 million in the States + $1.1 billion max overseas.

I know hardly anything about box office but even I know it will blow past that. And 3 more Avatars on the way! Maybe even more beyond that. Cameron says the Avatar universe is totally open-ended, could go on indefinitely. 

Edited by danziger

4 hours ago, Verrows said:

Reminds me of his "testosterone is a toxin" comment recently. 🤣

Thing is what does he mean by 'gun violence'?. (Edited to remove spioler)

I'm guesing that he's talking about stuf that makes guns look cool, like the scene in T2 where Arnie gets the mini gun and smiles at the camera like he's getting off on it lol.

6 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Thing is what does he mean by 'gun violence'?. I mean the film is full of guns. Even Loak kiils a human at point blank range with a gun.

I'm guesing that he's talking about stuf that makes guns look cool, like the scene in T2 where Arnie gets the mini gun and smiles at the camera like he's getting off on it lol.

Yeah I'm not really sure. That's why I won't dwell too much on it.

4 hours ago, stuart360 said:

Thing is what does he mean by 'gun violence'?. 

One of the best scenes he ever directed.  This is why directors shouldn't be allowed to touch their movies years down the line. Something in their brains just snaps and they questions the right decisions they made the first time.

2 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

One of the best scenes he ever directed.  This is why directors shouldn't be allowed to touch their movies years down the line. Something in their brains just snaps and they questions the right decisions they made the first time.

Yeah i agree there, although i do like some of the additions to the SW Special Editions (mainly the better effects).

I dont think its always that directors snap or anything, but more like trying to tow whatever is classed as moral and sociably acceptable at that point in time, right when they have a very expensive film about to come out. If you get me.

Having said that, i do remember Sigourney Weaver saying in an interview years ago that Cameron dosnt actually like guns.

2 hours ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

This is not crossing 2 billion. $500 million in the States + $1.1 billion max overseas.

6 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

More like $550-625 DOM and $1.4-1.55B OS…

Does anyone remember the guy years ago who would always make insane predicts about Disney/Pixar movies, like Incredibles 2 just opened up to $182m and he said, "I don't see it hitting $400m."

Was his name stevesomething??