Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

22 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Hey brother ALex how are we doing with the domestic weekdays. Anyone check how we are doing vs Avatar 1 at this point?

Weekdays have fallen below Avatar 1, and is more in line with TFA but better. 

As of Sunday's results domestic total for A2 was running +20.1% ahead of A1. As per Wednesday's results its running +18.6% ahead of A1. 

Weekdays are expected to be noticeably weaker compared to Top Gun Maverick since people are now off from holiday but A2 should still post strong weekend holds. 

$640M seems to be the absolute floor with Maverick seeming to be the ceiling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Weekdays have fallen below Avatar 1, and is more in line with TFA but better. 

As of Sunday's results domestic total for A2 was running +20.1% ahead of A1. As per Wednesday's results its running +18.6% ahead of A1. 

Weekdays are expected to be noticeably weaker compared to Top Gun Maverick since people are now off from holiday but A2 should still post strong weekend holds. 

$640M seems to be the absolute floor with Maverick seeming to be the ceiliavatar GIFng.

Copy brother Alex, so if we are to get to 800M. We would need some decent Weekdays and some serious holds or increases on weekends right?

Like our brother Jimbo, Tristan, Stuart and the Goat and more. I'm not ready yet to give up on 800M Domestic. Im still thinking the Way of the Water can creep there lol.

Share your thoughts, but very excited at our shot to now take down Maverick as the domestic champ as well of we are now on the path to Smash NWH by over 500M and Maverick by perhaps 900-1B+ WW!!;).

Just crazy that even in a Pandemic, Avatar love will not be denied!! ;

"AND THIS>..... THIS IS OUR LAND!"

"LETS GET IT DONE!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Copy brother Alex, so if we are to get to 800M. We would need some decent Weekdays and some serious holds or increases on weekends right?

Like our brother Jimbo, Tristan, Stuart and the Goat and more. I'm not ready yet to give up on 800M Domestic. Im still thinking the Way of the Water can creep there lol.

Share your thoughts, but very excited at our shot to now take down Maverick as the domestic champ as well of we are now on the path to Smash NWH by over 500M and Maverick by perhaps 900-1B+ WW!!;).

Just crazy that even in a Pandemic, Avatar love will not be denied!! ;

"AND THIS>..... THIS IS OUR LAND!"

"LETS GET IT DONE!"

Me personally I am rooting more so for Maverick but in the event Avatar beats it that's all the more better for cinemas so I won't be mad. Happy even

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:

$640M seems to be the absolute floor with Maverick seeming to be the ceiling.

I tried to forecast the next 6 weeks for Avatar's daily/weekend numbers + how much it can add after that. I have $654m as the absolute minimum at this point (without taking into account Valentine's Day and predicting over 50% drop during Ant-Man premiere weekend) and sub $670m as a good possibility. +$700m also is in play, but it requires really great legs in March, which might be hard to achieve (a lot of new releases - SVI, JW3, CIII, 65, and A2 will be on D+ this month). Maverick's $719m might be too high, even for Jim's film.

10 hours ago, dignam said:

1 month into release and weekends are still sold out ( germany),  this is crazy. 

Wow brother dignam.  I'm about to finally see my 4dx showing with more times opening up so I'm nosurprised. suprised. Hahaha my brother Germany really loves Pandora indeed

👍🏋‍♀️🦝.

Avatar 2 is about to surpass NWH worldwide!!  

" Outstanding!"

Running past  

2.1 billion ww and 650m domestic next!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update
  • Astonished 1

47 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

does anyone have access to empire (or to a discord server that does?)

I assumed you posted on the wrong thread until I saw the small text at the bottom of that screenshot. Don’t we already have a basic idea of Avatar 3, though?

Edited by WittyUsername

Worldwide total (Domestic to Monday $570.30 million) + $1.331 B (International to Sunday) = $1.904 Billion

Way of Water will pass Spider-Man No Way Home tomorrow to become #6 All-Time, next up Avengers Infiniti Way and SW The Force Awakens. 

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5tZWdhcGhvbmUuZm0vRVNQODc1MTYwODMzMA

Franglen says hes already done the music for 3, I imagine some might be dissapointed by that, he didnt sound 100% on 4 and 5 though

also throwing 2 (as a movie) under the bus by saying 3 is "astonishing" and much better than 2 (here we go again am I right?)

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5tZWdhcGhvbmUuZm0vRVNQODc1MTYwODMzMA

Franglen says hes already done the music for 3, I imagine some might be dissapointed by that, he didnt sound 100% on 4 and 5 though

also throwing 2 (as a movie) under the bus by saying 3 is "astonishing" and much better than 2 (here we go again am I right?)

Dang. Hopefully his work is better for 3 atleast. Said it before but his soundtrack was just really unremarkable.

23 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

He is not the only one, before the release of way of water zoe and others from the crew said something similiar.