Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 2/17/2023 at 11:29 AM, adaros said:

Was yesterday on double feature in IMAX 3D Avatar 2 (fifth time) + Titanic

NICE brother Adaros. You helped in your own way with all the fans this week.  A2 has now surpassed Titanic and is num 3 with 2.24billion ww!!. Wow and its number 1 all time in over 20 countries😱😱😱💪🦝. Just unbelievable.! Congrats to  James and his Producing partner and  their teams and Weta!

A2 Also creeps to surpass  Titanic and end game on the all time list domestically. 

Jake Sullys Return is looking to hit 700 m with 660mil in the tank so far domestic. Woohoo!

" Let's Get It Done!"

Jake Sully Pandora GIF by Avatar

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

I know im one of the least unbiased people on this site, but still, im kinda surprised they managed to get this down to 76% on RT

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I know im one of the least unbiased people on this site, but still, im kinda surprised they managed to get this down to 75% on RT

1 out of every 4 RT approvaed critic saying this is a bad a movie is really something

hopefully it gets to 74% and loses that certified freshness

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

14 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

hopefully it gets to 74% and loses that certified freshness

probably when it comes to disney plus

• Like 1

Since no one posted I will. 😀

There was a fan screening in LA with James Cameron and Jon Landau attended. In the end of the screening James Cameron asked the audience to give him honest feedback about the movie. Some of the tweets from a person in attendance.

• Like 2

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

So Avatar 4 won’t come out in 2026 after all. Jim is directing another historical epic inbetween 3 and 4.

better invest in some health insurance

47 minutes ago, despooked said:

W09j9Sw.jpg

Is this Cameron's plan to recapture the Japanese market?

Cameron bought the rights for a hiroshima book ( with eye witness reports) 13 years ago. He wanted to make a movie about hiroshima long ago. 

On 2/20/2023 at 4:16 AM, Sheldon Cr said:

Jake Sullys Return is looking to hit 700 m with 660mil in the tank so far domestic. Woohoo!

A2 10th weekend was $6.45m (-10.6%) / $7.9m 4-day weekend (estimated). Gran Torino's 10th weekend (including limited release) was $6.49m (-9.3%) / $7.44m 4-day wknd. After President's Day, Eastwood's film added $18.5 million to its domestic gross. With the similiar pattern The Way of Water is looking to finish around $677.5m domestic (everything depends on Disney+ release of the film). It still has a shot to beat Infinity War domestically ($678.8m), but $700m seems impossible at this point. Even NWH with much better late-legs added only $32m after President's Day Weekend in 2022, A2 won't repeat that, not with this year's competition in March.

I saw it for the second time yesterday, I gotta say the Ant-Man trailer in front looks like a joke in comparison. Not hating on Marvel, I've seen all their movies, but their dreadful CGI compared to the final action setpiece in Avatar (which just felt so incredibly visceral)... it just seems like the two movies were made 30 years apart honestly.