Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Lovely Cameronites give the Nolanites a run for their money. Sam Woodington would be proud.

What's happening is actually lovely Cameron haters come and give this thread a two or three-page run from time to time. Since there is nothing happening about the actual film, we're proud of your effort to keep this thread alive.
  • Like 2

True Lies is my 2nd fav Cameron film. I think as an action comedy it was brilliant. Yes the plot is kinda idiotic, but that was what it supposed to be. It's a James Bond spoof (it was based on a French movie actually), and It's the tone throughout the whole film. I guess some people just dont get the humor in it.

• Like 1

You should watch the original french movie "La Totale" and you'll understand why True Lies is a masterpiece of action AND comedy in comparison even if it's a minor fun flick and nothing more in Cameron's filmography. Schwarzie and Jamie Lee Curtis vaudeville is hilarious. THAT strip tease scene. :wub:

Edited by dashrendar44

RE: True Lies

Take out all the slapstick comedy, the ugly racism, this movie is an excellent action movie, just not a James Cameron movie. THE ABYSS and AVATAR for their flaws, are both 100% pure James Cameron stuff.

True Lies is 100% an early-career Cameron movie. Biggest budget at that time, excellently organized action sequeneces, Arnold being Arnold, Paxthon being "funky". And dont forget that even it was based on another movie, Cameron wrote the screenplay (like he always did).

I really hope he can do anothe comedy someday, but I guess it might never happen.

True Lies is excellent. Excluding dances with thundercats, I think the Abyss is his weakest film, but its still good.

"See what I did? That was a clever pun that integrated "Dances with Wolves" (you know, the film that AVATAR ripped off) with "Thundercats," which, of course is a reference to the animated show about werecats. Since AVATAR is also about werecats... I know, I know, super clever, smart, and witty. I would've also used Pocahontas and Ferngully, but the resulting title would have been convolluted --Dances with Pocahontas in the last Thundercat Rainforest or something. Wait a minute? That's clever also. And nobody has ever used it to bash Avatar. OMG, I am so on a roll...!!!!"

This avatar back lash is hilarious to read. An original film doesn't earn 2.7b because of pretty colours and cool action otherwise transformers would be much bigger than it is. People clearly liked the story, anyone who says otherwise are simply trolls and don't have a leg to stand on.

• Like 2