Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

35 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

And then Disney will slap you with a streaming release after 30 days.

I very much doubt Disney would want to anger Cameron before he's made a4 and a5

• Haha 1

Avatar 2 tralier offical view cross 130m in 20 days....for first 24 hours only 40m....Avatar even have super great leg in Youtube view,for com,AEG first trailer use 3 years to beat 150m views,NWH use 9 month to beat 180m views,Avatar will beat them all

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

This won't happen for A2 though. You can bet on it. 

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I very much doubt Disney would want to anger Cameron before he's made a4 and a5

Was a joke i should have added :qotd:

• Haha 2

On 5/28/2022 at 4:17 PM, upriser7 said:

I really loved the music of the teaser. It was just perfect fit

Yes that majestic feel that won us all over in the biggest one run king Titanic and.next was the Avatar.  This maybe the blockbuster of blockbusters if James Cameron hits an ace on all cylinders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Avatar 2 tralier offical view cross 130m in 20 days....for first 24 hours only 40m....Avatar even have super great leg in Youtube view,for com,AEG first trailer use 3 years to beat 150m views,NWH use 9 month to beat 180m views,Avatar will beat them all            

Cameron may pull the 3 peat world blockbuster breaker. 13 years and folks are still clamoring to return to Pandora. .

Hmm james camerons first 250-350m OW with 5x to 6x multiplier domestically??🔥😎

Possibilities are beyond words.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, Bruce said:

Still gaining around 3m views per day on YouTube. Pretty good after 3 weeks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bruce said:

does this even include views of dubbed versions of the trailer?

Other than English, Avatar2 will also be releasing in India in 5 other Indian languages.  Trailers of these dubbed versions released 2 weeks back on youtube and so far they have around 17M views

Edited by upriser7

3 hours ago, upriser7 said:

Other than English, Avatar2 will also be releasing in India in 5 other Indian languages.  Trailers of these dubbed versions released 2 weeks back on youtube and so far they have around 17M views

Is being released in this many different Indian languages normal for a movie there? 

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Is being released in this many different Indian languages normal for a movie there? 

Not really. Only few Hollywood movies get dubbed, especially into 5 languages. Avengers IW, EG did have dub versions but only in 2-3 languages. Avatar2 is being dubbed into Hindi (most widely spoken language in North India) and 4 other South Indian regional languages. Avatar Part1 was also dubbed into some of the regional languages and the dubbed versions did well even back then in 2009. Dubbing into regional languages helps in getting better reach for the movies in smaller cities and towns where not everyone understands English well. 

Edited by upriser7
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, upriser7 said:

does this even include views of dubbed versions of the trailer?

Pretty sure that number include all major reuploads, the six versions of teaser trailer on the 20th century India channel (include 5 dubbed version of the trailer) collectively total over 20 Million views now and still increasing, that's pretty impressive level of enthusiasm! 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

11 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/05/box-office-top-gun-maverick-hit-older-audiences-1234729273/amp/

every day closer to Avatar 2 people are more and more willing to go to the cinema

This is good news for A2 indeed.

Not necessarily saying that A2 audiences will skew very old, but certainly a truly 4 quadrant film like A2 will need significant number of older audiences to show up, and this TG:M number is really encouraging. 

I can just imagine a large amount of older audiences who might go to the theatre like once per year who remembers Avatar fondly and just can't wait to get another view Pandora. 

• Like 3

The easy thing for the industry is that Disney doing the re-release of Avatar in September is going to be the canary in the coal mine.

If that explodes and shows strong interest beyond 3D showings, then you will know Avatar 2 is going to be a huge hit.  

If the only thing that sells is 3D showings and it struggles or flops in 2D showings, then Avatar 2 is not a sure thing.  

• Like 1

I don't see much reason to watch a rerelease of Avatar in 2D tbh.

Everyone already saw the movie in these past decade, it's available on D+ right now, the special thing of the rerelease it's the opportunity to to experience the amazing 3D again or in IMAX (which i suppose it's going to be in 3D too). 

I love the original and i never would pay to see it again in a regular theater if i can see it in 3D, which is something not available at home like the 2D version.

The sequel is another thing, it's a whole new movie, so it makes sense that people who dislike the format will see it in regular theaters.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

The easy thing for the industry is that Disney doing the re-release of Avatar in September is going to be the canary in the coal mine.

If that explodes and shows strong interest beyond 3D showings, then you will know Avatar 2 is going to be a huge hit.  

If the only thing that sells is 3D showings and it struggles or flops in 2D showings, then Avatar 2 is not a sure thing.  

the thing is, I already know Avatar 2 is going to be a huge hit. Why do you need to wait til september to know that?

Could it be that you're waiting to make an Avatar 2 prediction until you got your daily numbers lmao

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I don't see much reason to watch a rerelease of Avatar in 2D tbh.

Everyone already saw the movie in these past decade, it's available on D+ right now, the special thing of the rerelease it's the opportunity to to experience the amazing 3D again or in IMAX (which i suppose it's going to be in 3D too). 

I love the original and i never would pay to see it again in a regular theater if i can see it in 3D, which is something not available at home like the 2D version.

The sequel is another thing, it's a whole new movie, so it makes sense that people who dislike the format will see it in regular theaters.

The size of a theater screen and the sound system is more of a draw for me to see Avatar in the theater again rather than it being in 3D. I'd quite happily jump at any IMAX 2D show they offered me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

the thing is, I already know Avatar 2 is going to be a huge hit. Why do you need to wait til september to know that?

Could it be that you're waiting to make an Avatar 2 prediction until you got your daily numbers lmao

Because 3D ain't walking back in through that door my man Jimbo.....

• Like 1