Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

The 3D Visuals sold the goddamn movie Neo and I'm sick and fucking tired of this merry go round with this subject so let's all just agree once again to disagree and move the fuck on.. Jesus Christ.. :puke: 

Well you said all tickets were sold on 3D and proved that they weren't. You said this movie was sold on 3D and for me it was Cameron, story and visuals (not the "3D" visuals). Thats one that wasn't sold on the 3D visuals so you are wrong again and I would imagine others didn't see this on the 3D visuals alone.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

Well you said all tickets were sold on 3D and proved that they weren't. You said this movie was sold on 3D and for me it was Cameron, story and visuals (not the "3D visuals). Thats one that wasn't sold on the 3D visuals so you are wrong again and I would imagine others didn't see this on the 3D visuals alone.

I am another one, not to mention 8 of my friends who came in for the love story and the characters and gushed about the film for that (first and foremost) plus the visuals.

• Like 2

It's quite simple. Like every movie it had multiple facets that drew the public in, from Cameron, to Saldana, to Visuals, to 3D technology, to story. There is no way to prove which of them was the 1 reason because there isnt one, they all contributed to it's success.

Edited by RaidensSword
  • Like 2

And once again, don't spin it.. People purchased the movie in droves on Blu-Ray to try and replicate that theatre experience, whether purchased in 3D or not.. People weren't thinking that at the time of purchase... This isn't that hard to grasp and figure out folks...

I spin it? :rofl::rotfl:

Wow, you really seem to judge other's reasons by only your own reasonings, aren't you....

You really should stop to generalize so much, as so many people even here acted not in the way you simply assume.

To think that millions of people were too ... dreamy, uninformed, .... to be not aware what they are buying, especially as the signs in the stores showed it in VERY ig letters.... and them not having 3D able screens, all are according to you seemingly rather very ... not intelligent.

I'm standing just fine Neo.. You're the one that hasn't proven me wrong otherwise.. You can't prove it anymore than I can..

Neo 1

BKB 0     :stretcher:

I guess you are the only one who thinks he has proven even a single little bit.

I can not imagine you convinced even one person about your terms of 100% / absolute interpretations, excluding the majority of other - however to measure - possibilities.

• Like 1

My favorite part of BKB's not-too-convincing trolling is how many times he says "I am right and everyone knows it." He is clearly trying to convince himself of somethin he doesn't even believe. Trolling is all about passion and conviction. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fixed.. And I am right and everyone damn well knows it that I think all others think like me, but do not, but unfortunately, I'm too narrow minded to recognize the truth in why this movie did as well as it did and I've got news for all of you: A lot see's a movie like this right off the bat for the story ideas, being a Sci-Fi, invloved actors and director,  and characters, even eco-& native rights messages, non 3D related visuel effects,....

It was also the 3D....

You really want to play the 'fixed' game? :D

Funny how everyone knows it according to you, as no one says here so (speaking about your absolute formulations). If I missed one, show me, proof that I missed one. ;)

Show me, where all the users who had disagreed to your reasoning did change their mind and magically agreed to you.

That there was a high to very high curiosity facter for 3D for it's cinema run and partly also still existing see it's disc sales... no one doubts that.

The rest is too obviously wrong as the numbers do not add up in either big percentages (DVD and 2D Blu-Ray disc sales, existing 3D screens, ....) or smaller percentages (cinema BOs)

Also disproven by reactions like e.g. literally thousands over thousands of forum entries all over the net, articles... still active special forums and so on.

Do research before stating it's 100% like this statements, that are way too simple to disprove

I feel highly entertained....

• Like 1

Example for released disc versions:

http://www.filmaf.com/search.html?has=avatar%2F%2F&dir=James+Cameron&init_form=str0_has_avatar%2F%2F*str1_dir_James+Cameron

(edit: mistake in link)

Meant more for the general interested:

I own this one:

Avatar - Extended Collector's Edition - DTS-HD Master Audio (2009) -- Blu-ray, REGION B

163536-d0.jpg

(non-3D) and really hope for such a kind of discs for Avatar 2.... too

8 hours extra material including the already meantioned 45min additional movie scenes to the  ~15 minutes or so of other special editions.

Did other countries extended special editions also include as much material?

Edited by terrestrial

You really want to play the 'fixed' game? :D

Funny how everyone knows it according to you, as no one says here so (speaking about your absolute formulations). If I missed one, show me, proof that I missed one. ;)

Show me, where all the users who had disagreed to your reasoning did change their mind and magically agreed to you.

That there was a high to very high curiosity facter for 3D for it's cinema run and partly also still existing see it's disc sales... no one doubts that.

The rest is too obviously wrong as the numbers do not add up in either big percentages (DVD and 2D Blu-Ray disc sales, existing 3D screens, ....) or smaller percentages (cinema BOs)

Also disproven by reactions like e.g. literally thousands over thousands of forum entries all over the net, articles... still active special forums and so on.

Do research before stating it's 100% like this statements, that are way too simple to disprove

I feel highly entertained....

Thinks that all tickets were sold in 3D, no one can be this one-minded.

• Like 1

Example for released disc versions:

http://www.filmaf.com/search.html?has=avatar%2F%2F&dir=James+Cameron&init_form=str0_has_avatar%2F%2F*str1_dir_James+Cameron

(edit: mistake in link)

Meant more for the general interested:

I own this one:

Avatar - Extended Collector's Edition - DTS-HD Master Audio (2009) -- Blu-ray, REGION B

163536-d0.jpg

(non-3D) and really hope for such a kind of discs for Avatar 2.... too

8 hours extra material including the already meantioned 45min additional movie scenes to the  ~15 minutes or so of other special editions.

Did other countries extended special editions also include as much material?

Yes, but that 45 min is kind of a dubious figure, since most of it isn't finished-quality footage, but just animatics of varying quality (depending on when the scene was cut).

Yes, but that 45 min is kind of a dubious figure, since most of it isn't finished-quality footage, but just animatics of varying quality (depending on when the scene was cut).

Yes, that I added earlier, see already mentioned (partly not finished...)

For me, who watches movies mostly for the stories told.... those are rather interesting, as they do give - IMHO -  a lot of insight to the complet(er) story in Cameron's mind / imagination

Especially the Trudy scene I mentioned earlier was - as it was missing - a heatedly (term?) discussed detail then in e.g. IMDb's Avater sub-forum, as some argued there how unbeliefable it was that the natives would know how to get a heli or... down.

I do understand why they did cut it and the other scenes, why they didn't split the first movie to a two-parter... (way too big a financial risk...), but I'd perfer the movie with them, as I prefer such details given to flesh out the ~ beliefability of the charaters reactions / developments... over pace...