Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 1/29/2017 at 3:42 PM, IronJimbo said:

Would you ever direct a Star Wars or Marvel superhero film? I feel your fans would salivate over that possibility. I’m not the slightest bit interested in laboring in someone else’s house.

Why would his fans salivate over that possibility? The interviewer does not know us Cameron fans very well clearly :lol:

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Why would his fans salivate over that possibility? The interviewer does not know us Cameron fans very well clearly :lol:

I would go hard on that interview but he got some juicy info out of Jim, that lack of awareness though.

• Like 2

I don't see how the first Avatar sequel can come out December 2018, I mean does anyone really think that's realistic? I would just think Cameron needs time in post to make sure everything is right and if they're not even starting to film until August, I don't see that. The Han Solo movie is technically slated for May 2018 and it just started filming today, apparently, so you could argue it's the same amount of time in post-production for each film, if you believe Han Solo is coming out in May (which I don't) and Avatar 2 is coming out in December (which I don't, either). Then again, if Cameron misses the window for December 2018 then he's going to have to figure out where the movie goes because it's not going to compete with Episode IX unless it wants to get slaughtered at the box office. So that could leave November 2019? Maybe? 

I just think after so much time spent getting things right, there's no need to rush through post-production and it seems like that would be the case with a release less than 2 years away and filming nowhere near starting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

Small but potentially key difference: they're not filming. Mo-cap production moves much faster than traditional production. 

Also from the very small amount I have seen, the process is a million miles from where it was on the first film - a large part of the last decade has been spent streamlining the ability to make Avatar 'type' films by Lightstorm et al. 

• Like 2

On 31 janvier 2017 at 8:49 AM, Telemachos said:

Small but potentially key difference: they're not filming. Mo-cap production moves much faster than traditional production. 

Thagt s not really what the making of Avatar shows strangely.

Cameron has the advantage of releasing his movies after current super franchises have shown all their cards - MCU, SW. He can observe what works, what doesn't and what has been done so he could deliver something never seen before and wow the audiences. I guess he has the ace up his sleeve that others don't anymore. We'll see.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Cameron has the advantage of releasing his movies after current super franchises have shown all their cards - MCU, SW. He can observe what works, what doesn't and what has been done so he could deliver something never seen before and wow the audiences. I guess he has the ace up his sleeve that others don't anymore. We'll see.

I don't think MCU or SW has shown anything Jim could find useful, they're honestly franchise cinema while Jim will be making sequels.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I don't think MCU or SW has shown anything Jim could find useful, they're honestly franchise cinema while Jim will be making sequels.

I meant in the sense of spectacle, story, type of characters that connects with the audiences. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say Avatar's going to be a family saga with Jake and neytiri children taking over at some point? So new characters. if this is supposed to be his Star Wars than he has a chance to observe SW and up the ante. or not.