Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

I am bummed about the release date change, because JC is responsible for two of my favorite movies (Aliens & Terminator 1) and I wanted to see more from him...

that being said, the timing of the announcement was just perfect, coming on the heels of one poster willing to bet money that this would come out in 2020.

Really should have taken that bet!  

38 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

This post didn't age well

I can't believe the timing of my post and your reply.  I'll admit that I was half baiting (it's not my first "doubt"post), but while I can now believe we'll have to wait another year to see this movie, it sucks we'll have to deal with the extra fanboys competing against the extra non fanboys.... on top of having to wait for the goddamn movie!

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

By internet do you mean the avatar thread on a box office forum?

Both Resetera and r/movies currently have top threads trending about the Avatar movies getting moved. Do your research first before trying to make a jab at another forum member.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crainy said:

Avatar is so irrelevant that the news of the sequel getting moved makes the internet go crazy. Can´t you see it, guys?

For whatever reason, Avatar 5 is trending for me :lol::lol:

trending.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, doublejack said:

LOL. No, not even close. True Lies is better than Avatar and Titanic, and that was not his best work from that era.

It's all just a matter of opinion. Over the last couple of years, I've seen Terminator, Terminator 2, Aliens, Avatar, and Titanic, in the cinema. And that is my opinion. Titanic is his best film followed by Avatar.

I don't like Aliens. Terminator is fantastic and T2 is proper great too.

For me, when I respond emotionally to a film, that beats pretty much any other qualities in a movie.

Edited by Avatree

11 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

For whatever reason, Avatar 5 is trending for me :lol::lol:

trending.png

lol, New Mutants and Rian Johnson on there too

I just checked twitter, and 8 out of the top 10 for me are soccer related,

nothing for movies

50 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Someone really needs to tell Disney that 2027 is the 50th Anniversary of SW. It worked well for Bond. 

Anyway, I don't think this was Disney. Chances are Cameron couldn't have the film ready in time for 2020, or he worried he couldn't have the other sequels ready for the schedule Disney wanted. I had already predicted that after Disney bought Fox that they would alternate between Avatar and SW. Anyway, if Disney could, they would 100% have this out in 2020 and not 2021. So, yah, this is all Cameron here because it takes him a billion years to make a movie.

Skyfall released like 4 years after QOS with a new well regarded director. We are having a SW movie every year. So how an disney make the one in 2027 the special one?

#1 post in /r/movies is about the release date for Avatar 2 shifting. Yes, a movie that's over a year and a half out shifts its release date and it made #1 on Reddit.

BUT HEY CAN THE AVERAGE PERSON NAME 3 CHARACTERS FROM AVATAR? DIDN'T THINK SO. FLOP INCOMING.

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Haha 6