grim22

Steve Jobs | October 9 limited, expands Oct 16, wide on Oct 23 | Teaser Trailer Page 9

This looks good.

But like Socail Network it's a movie that I'm more drawn to by the talent than the subject. But Social was excellent.

I will admit, I'm more curious about how Seth Rogan plays in this field than anything else. Cause this is want to win awards shit, and Rogen isn't really up that alley. But he looks the part.

I'm not talking Fass, cause I just know he'll deliver.

Edited by kowhite

10/10

I knew within five minutes of watching Steve Jobs that I was watching my favorite movie of the year. Maybe it’s the Apple founder’s fabled “reality distortion field” working from the grave, but Steve Jobs is a damn near perfect effort with words and performances that will reign come Oscar time.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/reviews/617017-steve-jobs-review#/slide/1

• Like 1

Glad to hear about the reviews because the martektng has done nothing to me me want to see this.

I am still on the fence about seeing it, but I should he able to see it for free so that maybe the final reason to do so

• Like 1

Glad to hear about the reviews because the martektng has done nothing to me me want to see this.

I am still on the fence about seeing it, but I should he able to see it for free so that maybe the final reason to do so

Yeah, the marketing has been rather dull and uneventful for this. Jobs may have even had a slightly better marketing campaign. :ph34r: Good thing it sounds like the movie delivers. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Holy shit, tickets for the advance screening are insane. 

The Facebook events for Neighbors, The Visit, and Non-Stop were around 100 or so people. This has already passed 800.

The venue it's showing at has less than 300 seats, though.

Fight for your spot, boo.

I need you to see this, okay? Okay.

Good news, I got in.

Bad news, I was underwhelmed.

Sorkin's script really allows for some fun moments (the dialogue is the main star here), and all of the actors do great jobs (mind the pun) though none of them really stand out like crazy. I'd say Winslet was the most impressive. However, the three scene structure ends up as a mixed bag. It's a unique choice, but there are so many redundant developments that just make the film more frustrating, especially during the NeXT sequence. The stuff with Jobs and his daughter also felt relatively forced, more so as the movie went on. I feel like most of the movie was one note, and the character transitions really just fall flat and lack a whole lot of impact, and some of the choices Boyle made were odd at best. I liked it overall, but it never really reached greatness for me.

And trust me, the last 10 minutes are BAD.

• Like 1