CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Initially my reaction was "ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!", but I guess I can take solace in the fact that it's not Cars 3, and with Lasseter directing, it means that won't be coming for a very long time.

Though I feel pretty comfortable saying I'm looking forward to the My Little Pony movie more than this.

Everyone knew it. It still sucks though. Unless they have one helluva idea for a whole new trilogy.

Also the Pixar sequels are officially out of control. Now we have this in addition to Dory, Merchandise Whoring 3 Cars 3, and Incredibles 2 all within a couple years from them. Not to mention I would bet almost everything that Up 2 is on the brink of announcement, with an off chance of Ratatouille 2 as well. They're just a sequel factory now. Even  DWA has never been this sequel crazed.

I can't wait for Rata2ie, Ratatou3, WAII-E, WALL-3, and W4LL-E!

• Like 2

I think the incinerator scene in TS3, likely goes down as one of the most emotional rattling for Pixar films.

That scene didn't really make me emotional as I knew they would be okay. However, the ending with Andy giving the toys to Bonnie is the most emotional scene in any Pixar film.
  • Like 5

The meltdowns over this news are glorious. Keep the entertainment coming.

Look man, with all due respect: screw you. I'm glad you find joy in this, but it is absolutely fair and I see nothing wrong with being angry about this. With Pixar's decline and Disney's recent licensing frenzy it's pretty obvious this is just a cash grab. It's more Pixar than Disney itself, I'll give you that. If you're looking forward to the movie, okay, I won't fault you for that.

If you enjoy this, fine. But don't talk like somehow you're above all of us who are unhappy with this decision and we're just giving you entertainment. This isn't one of those situations.

• Like 8

“Well guys, our last few movies were critical disappointments, so that means our auteur period is officially over. Guess it’s time to do whatever the hell we want. Hey, wouldn’t it be funny if we made a fourth Toy Story, just to see everyone’s heads explode?”

-John Lasseter (probably)

• Like 3

“Well guys, our last few movies were critical disappointments, so that means our auteur period is officially over. Guess it’s time to do whatever the hell we want. Hey, wouldn’t it be funny if we made a fourth Toy Story, just to see everyone’s heads explode?”

-John Lasseter (probably)

No, their last few films were not critical disappointments (though Cars 2 is spot-on). Both Brave and Monsters University were certified fresh and had RT scores in the mid-to-high seventies.

The Lone Ranger is a critical disappointment, The Transformers sequels are critical disappointments, The Matrix 3 is a critical disappointment, but not Brave and MU. Personally, Cars 2, so far, is their only real fuck-up.

• Like 1

Look man, with all due respect: screw you. I'm glad you find joy in this, but it is absolutely fair and I see nothing wrong with being angry about this. With Pixar's decline and Disney's recent licensing frenzy it's pretty obvious this is just a cash grab. It's more Pixar than Disney itself, I'll give you that. If you're looking forward to the movie, okay, I won't fault you for that.

If you enjoy this, fine. But don't talk like somehow you're above all of us who are unhappy with this decision and we're just giving you entertainment. This isn't one of those situations.

It actually is though. This is the definition of that kind of situation. All that happened is they announced they were going to make a movie. It might be an excellent movie. It could be a bad movie. But people are reacting like they already saw the movie and it's the most horrible thing ever. It is entertaining because nothing good or bad has happened yet.

• Like 3