CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Didn't DM and TS3 co-exist?

DM was not the mega franchise back then though. TS3 was the big name franchise. This time around DM3 is coming in with momentum behind it, especially if Minions is a huge hit.

Just saw the 2017 release schedule.

Memorial day: Lego Movie 2

2 weeks later: HTTYD3

a week later: Toy Story 3

a week later: Wonder Woman

a week later: Despicable Me 3

Granted, Wonder Woman's demographics will be completely different, but that is 5 big movies in 5 weeks.

• Like 2

Toy Story is middle of the pack Pixar for me (better than Cars, Brave, MU, Cars 2, and A Bugs Life), but still no.

This is disgusting. We don't need another Toy Story, they've covered just about everything they could with the trilogy. TS3 was a perfect end.

• Like 4

The meltdowns over this news is glorious. Keep the entertainment coming.

It works on me… I feel cynical and 'meh' about the news, but once the actual meltdowns start from other posters, I start feeling a little more generous about it LOL!!

It's the contrarian in me. 

And some are conveniently forgetting there's INSIDE OUT coming next year. 

• Like 2

Mm… Honestly, do weaker Spider-Man entries weaken the greatness of Spider-Man 1 or 2? Do the prequels leave a bad taste of the Star Wars original trilogy in anyone's mouth? Does Kingdom of the Crystal Skull make the other three Indy movies worse? Or does the Last Stand make X-Men 1 and 2 horrible?

I don't really buy that subsequent installments make a superior franchise awful. If that one installment's not up to par with the brilliance that came before it, just ignore that movie and move on. I don't let the gawdawful ruin my love for what came before.

I answered yes to all of this questions. Franchises aren't the same once they go sour.

• Like 2

It works on me… I feel cynical and 'meh' about the news, but once the actual meltdowns start from other posters, I start feeling a little more generous about it LOL!!

It's the contrarian in me. 

And some are conveniently forgetting there's INSIDE OUT coming next year. 

I don't even know what everyone is complaining about. They're just going crazy over this announcement.

• Like 2

DM was not the mega franchise back then though. TS3 was the big name franchise. This time around DM3 is coming in with momentum behind it, especially if Minions is a huge hit.

Just saw the 2017 release schedule.

Memorial day: Lego Movie 2

2 weeks later: HTTYD3

a week later: Toy Story 3 4

a week later: Wonder Woman

a week later: Despicable Me 3

Granted, Wonder Woman's demographics will be completely different, but that is 5 big movies in 5 weeks.

• Like 2

I dont particularly resist and welcome a 4th movie. TS3 ended the trilogy perfectly well, but on the other hand, if they can continue the story in a good way, well, why not?

I don't have a good feeling about it tho. I think it might just become another Monsters University, or even Cars 2. Hell I don't even have a good feeling about Finding Dory even tho it's one of my most anticipated films.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1