CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

12 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Pretty sure that’s the same user that was certain that Aladdin would make 60M in its second weekend

Oh yeah. I suddenly remembered. I think it was him. Seems like he just like to spew illogical numbers. But then again, I think both of you had some unbelievable numbers for Aladdin. Lol

Edited by UserHN

Just now, UserHN said:

You said Aladdin won't even make $200M Dom. That was unbelievable. And of course your very low predictions for its OW.

That was not unbelievable. it was tracking low and reviews were mixed. if after OW he has persisted with sub 200m then that was unbelievable.

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I was far from the only person saying that, and sub-200M was absolutely possible if everything for it went wrong like so many expected it to pre-release.  There's a difference between being pessimistic on how a film will do and ignoring facts/data.

Yeah, I know you're not the only one. BOT has a number of people who trashed the movie before it even opened and wished for it to flop hard.

• Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Pretty sure that’s the same user that was certain that Aladdin would make 60M in its second weekend

I don't even recall this. You sure it was not international thread section

Edited by Geo1500

2 hours ago, jedijake said:

Is this even supposed to be a real post? Is this guy even for real or just a troll?

Why would I troll about my own estimation and opinion. 200M OW is just ridiculous imo and I don't believe in that and I stand by it. And yes this can end sub-100M OW the possibility is there or perhaps even lower.

Guys, just ignore Geo. I'm pretty sure he's a troll. Although he can never take the crown from Shay.

2 hours ago, UserHN said:

Maybe you should visit the presales thread.

You act as if this is some sort of a cult his entitled to his opinion. why would I be a troll for thinking it will do lower then current estimation?

@Porthos

Literally no one was saying this.

No.

One.

Not one poster.

No, it really isn't.

===

And before you bring up people "expecting" 200m OW for TS4, that was a shittily sourced Deadline side comment that a few folks here latched onto for some reason.  

For TS4 I have seen some even going as far as 220 OW on reddit and the highest I have seen here is 190 but nonetheless thats just some wild guess. 

@BK007

to be fair, is there really that much buzz? 

Before reviews, the consensus was this would drop from TS3 unlike Dory and TI2. Even with reviews, I'll still wait a bit before seeing it. 

Well said

Edited by Geo1500

53 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

@Porthos

For TS4 I have seen some even going as far as 220 OW on reddit and the highest I have seen here is 190 but nonetheless thats just some wild guess. 

I was referring to this comment of yours:

5 hours ago, Geo1500 said:

We can never be for certain remember how some were saying 200M opening week for Zilla king of the monsters.

Presuming you meant opening weekend, who exactly was calling for a 200m OW for King of the Monsters?

No one on this board, that's for sure.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Lol. You think there's a possibility of $50M or sub-$50M OW for TS4. That is trolling.

Now now, we shouldn't be so quick to use the t-word.

It is absolutely possibly for TS4 to have a sub-50m OW.  

It needs to sell literally not a single other ticket nationwide between now and Thr night.  That'll get it to around 6m in previews.  Then a low multi of around 8x does it.

Totally doable. 👍

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Presuming you meant opening weekend, who exactly was calling for a 200m OW for King of the Monsters?

No one on this board, that's for sure.

It was not here but reddit and other places but not here as far as I recall it. 

7 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Lol. You think there's a possibility of $50M or sub-$50M OW for TS4. That is trolling.

Yes. It's possible 

Edited by Geo1500
  • ...wtf 1

Now I realize do as I say, not as I do isn't the best of ways to post.

Nevertheless its really done all the time.

Nobody insists replies do follow a certain form or structure all of the time after all.

Nonetheless I've reflected, determined even, that I should follow my own advice hidden somewhat in this post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Now now, we shouldn't be so quick to use the t-word.

It is absolutely possibly for TS4 to have a sub-50m OW.  

It needs to sell literally not a single other ticket nationwide between now and Thr night.  That'll get it to around 6m in previews.  Then a low multi of around 8x does it.

Totally doable. 👍

If we’re talking literal possibility, everyone could decide to refund their TS4 tickets and give Anna a 150M OW instead ;) 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Nobody insists replies do follow a certain form or structure all of the time after all.

Nonetheless I've reflected, determined even, that I should follow my own advice hidden somewhat in this post.

For those who aren’t sure what’s going on and just want to skip to the solution

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1