CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Calm down there, guys. 🙍🏻‍♀️

One or two negative reviews isn’t gonna make this doom & gloom for TS4.

It’s not the end of the world or anything. It’s still a highly praised Pixar sequel.

Agreed ....  

46 minutes ago, superduperm said:

2nd rotten review. Average score now below an 8.5.

Ouch ouch ouch.

This is sarcasm, right?  Usually I can tell, but I never got around to fixing my sarcasm detector that got busted a couple of weeks back.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

This is sarcasm, right?  Usually I can tell, but I never got around to fixing my sarcasm detector that got busted a couple of weeks back.

Or they are trying to get a rise out of people. Universal acclaim doesn't require absolute acclaim.

I mean it is the 4th one, that pisses some off in general. Frankly I'm shocked that the reviews are this high because you know people are judging it harshly because of expectations. I can't wait to see it, clearly it's amazing because of Keanu :)

28 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It was. Mostly ;)

I’m a numbers geek so I want to see it stay above 98%/8.5 just for the elite satisfaction. But I’m aware it’s not the end of the world lol. It’s just two reviews (and by the end of the week it’ll probably just be ~5 reviews)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tawasal said:

The guy who gave the rotten review to break the 100% streak, has also very recently ruined The Searchers (1956) 100% RT score with the only rotten review. I have looked at his other reviews and he comes off as a person who wants to be edgy and going against the majority in most of his reviews, I think for all the wrong reasons. He doesn't seem genuine in his reviews.  

If you're talking about Kyle Smith, he's the opposite of edgy. He's an extremely conservative critic with, in my opinion, very safe, middle of the road taste.

We hear the movie directed by Josh Cooley (who helmed such Pixar shorts such as the Inside Out one Riley’s First Date) could do around $160M in U.S./Canada, and, yes, enormously more (some believing $200M). 

https://deadline.com/2019/06/toy-story-4-will-cure-summer-sequelitis-with-260m-global-infinity-and-beyond-1202634412/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

44 minutes ago, LateReg said:

If you're talking about Kyle Smith, he's the opposite of edgy. He's an extremely conservative critic with, in my opinion, very safe, middle of the road taste.

He's not edgy in his film criticism but he's obnoxious and unpleasant with more than a sprinkling of right wing nastiness.   

None of which has anything to do with his liking or disliking TS4 or any other movie but pfft Kyle Smith

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

You're all goofy. It'll finish with 5 or more rotten. People are allowed to not give a fresh tomato. It's 99%.

Goofy is too kind a word.

4 hours ago, cdsacken said:

It's fine and not surprising. A lot of critics literally do it for shock value. 100 vs 99/98 is irrelevant.

This, A 3% difference does not matter, except to the  manic depresseives who seem to inhabit this site...the slightest thing causes them cry "the sky is falling.

• Thanks 1