CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That negative sounds mixed enough to be a positive review, but oh well. I'd love to see a movie get 100% with negative reviews lol. This would go back to 100% at the 200 mark if no more negatives came before then. 

Actually no Get Out seemed to show us that RT don't care how math works when it comes to that stuff as Get Out still had a 99% even though it hit the 200 mark with only 1 rotten.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Actually no Get Out seemed to show us that RT don't care how math works when it comes to that stuff as Get Out still had a 99% even though it hit the 200 mark with only 1 rotten.

Ah, I was not aware of that. Well, officially RIP TS4 100% then. Made it nearly as far as TS3, so that's something.

17 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ah, I was not aware of that. Well, officially RIP TS4 100% then. Made it nearly as far as TS3, so that's something.

Yeah it's a shame, although it does make the 100% score more of a challenge and an impressive feat to pull off.

21 minutes ago, DAJK said:

This is getting 2 screens in my 5-screen theatre. That didn't happen for Dory, Incredibles, Inside Out, or any animated film I can think of. 

Wow, that's a really good sign for its opening weekend.

• Like 1

The guy who gave the rotten review to break the 100% streak, has also very recently ruined The Searchers (1956) 100% RT score with the only rotten review. I have looked at his other reviews and he comes off as a person who wants to be edgy and going against the majority in most of his reviews, I think for all the wrong reasons. He doesn't seem genuine in his reviews.  

Edited by tawasal
  • Knock It Off 2

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

The guy who gave the rotten review to break the 100% streak, has also very recently ruined The Searchers (1956) 100% RT score with the only rotten review. I have looked at his other reviews and he comes off as a person who wants to be edgy and going against the majority in most of his reviews, I think for all the wrong reasons. He doesn't seem genuine in his reviews.  

Can we please not go down this road? It's not like he's going to be the one to convince anyone not to see it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Can we please not go down this road? It's not like he's going to be the one to convince anyone not to see it.

I have never actually gone after one specific critic, but I just found it interesting and wanted to share. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tawasal said:

It’s interesting, but maybe most National Review critics are like this. Armond White writes for the same publication. 

4 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

It’s interesting, but maybe most National Review critics are like this. Armond White writes for the same publication. 

Makes sense, so one of their qualifications are be edgy and go against the flow. It seems to have started late last year, before then he was predictable in his reviews for the most part.