CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Wow, rarely have I seen such little enthusiasm in a thread.

Not even an RT watch??

Pathetic...

But if it is indicative of the movie's buzz and reception - I like it. :)

PS: Ah, I had to check some pages back to find some RT debates. OK then. But still.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Knock It Off 2

20 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Wow, rarely have I seen such little enthusiasm in a thread.

Not even an RT watch??

Pathetic...

But if it is indicative of the movie's buzz and reception - I like it. :)

PS: Ah, I had to check some pages back to find some RT debates. OK then. But still.

🙎🏻‍♀️🖕🏻

18 hours ago, dudalb said:

Disney definently like full ownership and almost never co produces with other studios or companies.

There are exceptions of course. The Deal with Sony to allow Spidey to join the MCU (and let Sony use the MCU in it's Spidey movies) and Disney has inherited a number of projects it will not  have full ownership of with the Fox Deal "The Avatar franchise being the most obvious) but generally Disney wants 100% ownership of it's product.

Thought Disney did OS distribution for Glass this year. 

9 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Thought Disney did OS distribution for Glass this year. 

Yes. That's because they are one of the producers and also the distributor for Unbreakable back in 2000. Since Glass is a sequel for both Split and Unbreakable, Disney will have to consent to make Glass. In the end, Disney opted to take the OS distribution rights for Glass.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 4:13 PM, Menor said:

Idk. Will need massive walkups to get to that. Fandango presales are 55-60% of I2 at the same point right now. Anything above TS3 seems good to me.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but as someone who was predicting $125M OW as recently as a couple weeks ago, opening just above TS3’s OW would honestly be a bit of a disappointment. I’m hoping it opens around Finding Dory’s OW.

I do think the $200M/Incredibles 2 talk is a bit absurd though. But hey, I’d be one of the first ones to celebrate if that happened.

Edited by superduperm

32 minutes ago, superduperm said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but as someone who was predicting $125M OW as recently as a couple weeks ago, opening just above TS3’s OW would honestly be a bit of a disappointment. I’m hoping it opens around Finding Dory’s OW.

I do think the $200M/Incredibles 2 talk is a bit absurd though. But hey, I’d be one of the first ones to celebrate if that happened.

I'm expecting a final week pickup that should get it to Dory numbers at least. But even a $120 million opening would be perfectly fine. The movie will have very good legs.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

How far did TS3 get before Armond-gate? I wanna say it was close to 200 reviews? 

IF RT's threading is any guide, and I don't think it necessarily is, around 130 reviews in:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/toy_story_3/reviews?page=18

(interestingly enough, it has one more negative review right before it).

===

FWIW, TS3 current has 8 "rotten" reviews.  As I scan them, at least a couple of them are 99.9995% guaranteed to drop a rotten on TS4 since they things they hate in TS3 are even more prevalent in TS4.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

The Shay only reads the Rotten reviews of the movies he hates (makes me feel good), so as far as I'm concerned, this movie's embargo is still on, and there are no reviews to read.

Predictable.

🤦🏻‍♀️.......🖕🏻

Time for the Shay to go into the dumpster.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

6 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

The Shay only reads the Rotten reviews of the movies he hates (makes me feel good), so as far as I'm concerned, this movie's embargo is still on, and there are no reviews to read.

Predictable.

To quote Buzz: "You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity."

Also the movie isn't even out yet, how can you say you hate it?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

To quote Buzz: "You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity."

Also the movie isn't even out yet, how can you say you hate it?

Hmmm, let me see:

1. I hate Toy Story 1.

2. I hate Toy Story 2.

3. I hate Toy Story 3.

4. I hate Toy Story as a whole.

5. I hate sequels - and especially long delayed ones.

6. I hate the critics and never trust them.

7. I especially hate the critics who lie through their teeth to make every Pixar movie look Fresh.

8. I also hate Pixar.

9. Most of all, I hate Pixar sequels!

What are the chances I like this one, you say?

I am still going to see it - but only once. And half of the time I am going to be mad at how ugly and boring it is. While quality and original animated movies like most Dreamworks, WDAS and Illumination I watch at least three times or even FIVE+ times each! (Some I have seen TEN times - always in cinemas, never on TV.)

PS: Also, you haven't seen me, how can you say I am "a sad, strange little man"?

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

41 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Hmmm, let me see:

1. I hate Toy Story 1.

2. I hate Toy Story 2.

3. I hate Toy Story 3.

7. I especially hate the critics who lie through their teeth to make every Pixar movie look Fresh.

8. I also hate Pixar.

I am still going to see it - but only once. And half of the time I am going to be mad at how ugly and boring it is. While quality and original animated movies like most Dreamworks, WDAS and Illumination I watch at least three times or even FIVE+ times each! (Some I have seen TEN times - always in cinemas, never on TV.)

PS: Also, you haven't seen me, how can you say I am "a sad, strange little man"?

I agree with you in some respects on critics. Critics didn't think too highly of the new Aladdin or Alita (according to Rotten Tomatoes at least) but I adored both movies. 

I'm curious though, what exactly do you hate about the Toy Story franchise? 

P.S. Really I was just joking around since that's a quote from the first movie and this is a TS4 thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

I agree with you in some respects on critics. Critics didn't think too highly of the new Aladdin or Alita (according to Rotten Tomatoes at least) but I adored both movies. 

I'm curious though, what exactly do you hate about the Toy Story franchise? 

P.S. Really I was just joking around since that's a quote from the first movie and this is a TS4 thread.

Yeah, no problem, was joking too, using wordplay.

And you mentioning Alita and Aladdin like that is melting my heart anyway. :)

About TS, I'll try to explain. I'm not joking, I really don't like it. My main point are the visuals - or the total lack of such. This is easily explainable. First TS was designed to be the first? full 3D animated movie. So they had to find the simplest, dumbest, easily filmable protagonists. That's why they chose dolls.

That was fine for 95 - but it is totally unacceptable now. We can see real wonders, whole new worlds - watching lifeless remnants from the dawn of CGI centuries ago is such a stupid waste.

Also, I never had favourite toys. This is such a loser thing to do. I had favourite BOOKS when I was as young as two or three years old and read them myself. Toys are just lifeless objects, usually ugly.

Pixar can write intelligent scripts, but they are often wasted on extremely plain and boring stories.*** And they are still nothing too special - I can write such scripts and dialogue in my lunch break. They are not enough to make me like a lackluster movie.

Pixar do not understand the inherent beauty and infinite possibilities of animation. Most of their movies are really pedestrian looking with not a single thing that stands out visually or aurally. While ALL their competitors do stunning things with visuals AND music.

And did I mention how overhyped Pixar are? If anything kills the Shay boner for art - that's overhype by the masses, Fast&Furious style.

One last important thing. Most of you here saw their first movies as kids. So you were imprinted into liking them. I saw them as an adult. Nor impressed.

*** I love Brave, Coco and Ratatouille. (Maybe Monsters Inc). All their other movies are Americocentric, so they are getting repetitive and repulsive for me.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shayhiri said:

Hmmm, let me see:

1. I hate Toy Story 1.

2. I hate Toy Story 2.

3. I hate Toy Story 3.

8. I also hate Pixar.

Again....🖕🏻

• Like 2