CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

46 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I don't think there's any. The closest I can think of Dollar trilogy. 286% for 3 i.e. 95.3% average.

42 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The Colours Trilogy has 95.6% (287% for all three combined).

edit: Actually no. the Before trilogy beats that too. 97.3%

The first post that asked the questioned mentioned tetralogy. And That's why I mentioned four movies, while you guys are suggesting trilogies.

17 hours ago, Menor said:

Well TS3 was released when presales were lower than they are right now. It's definitely getting great buzz but, imo, not at the level of I2. Still, you could be right. I'm a bit less optimistic about the prospects than most on here, I'm currently thinking Dory numbers for the OW.

Probably because I2 was a sequel that people had been clamoring for since the first Incredibles came out. Whereas with Toy Story people thought TS3 was a perfect ending and 4's existence is just a cash-grab.

By the sound of the reviews it's paying off though and actually good.

I heard a few years back when TS4 was first announced, the main plot was going to revolve around them finding Bo Peep, but closer to release they changed 75% of the script.  While finding Bo does play a factor here, I'm relieved that judging by the trailer the plot more revolves around Forky and the existentialism of what makes a toy alive in the TS universe rather than something that seemed more "TV special plot" level than theatrical. 

Edited by FrozenUnicorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

Probably because I2 was a sequel that people had been clamoring for since the first Incredibles came out. Whereas with Toy Story people thought TTS3 was a perfect ending and 4's existence is just a cash-grab.

By the sound of the reviews it's paying off though and actually good.

I heard a few years back when TS4 was first announced, the main plot was going to revolve around them finding Bo Peep, but closer to release they changed 75% of the script.  While finding Bo does play a factor here, I'm relieved that judging by the trailer the plot more revolves around Forky and the existentialism of what makes a toy alive in the TS universe rather than something that seemed more "TV special plot" level than theatrical. 

Yep. The reviews saying that this focuses on Forky and the implications of something like that actually makes me really intrigued. It's a very interesting angle to dig into.

• Like 1

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Paddington 2 only made 40 mil DOM compared to the original's 76.3 mil. I wonder why....

unknown.png

Warner Bros. and family films are a bad combo. Disney should distribute P3.

I have never been a huge Toy Story fan and this movie seemed like too much for me, don't get me wrong I think Toy Story 1,2&3 are pretty excellent but I have always preferred The Incredibles, Finding Nemo or Ratatouille. Now after these reviews and after loving Incredibles 2 I am really excited to watch this. 

Now please Pixar after Toy Story 4 bring me a lot of original movies + Incredibles 3 until at least 2025

38 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

I have never been a huge Toy Story fan and this movie seemed like too much for me, don't get me wrong I think Toy Story 1,2&3 are pretty excellent but I have always preferred The Incredibles, Finding Nemo or Ratatouille. Now after these reviews and after loving Incredibles 2 I am really excited to watch this. 

Now please Pixar after Toy Story 4 bring me a lot of original movies + Incredibles 3 until at least 2025

The Pixar team apparently said that after TS4 they're only doing original movies for the foreseeable future, so yay!

1 hour ago, xiazhi said:

Disney only distribute movies made by themselves. Is there any exception recently?

Dark Phoenix says hi......

But if you  have said owned rather then made you would have had it right.

Other thing about Disney and dsitriubtion is they seldom sell off overseas rights to a film. That comes from when they sold the overseas rights to "Pretty Woman" thinking it was a Amereican comedy that would have little appeal outside the US. it became a huge hit everywhere ,made Julia Roberts into a major star overnight, and because of selling off the rights Disney only made a fraction of what they could have made from the film. The Mouse seldom does pickups and seldom sells off distribution rights. It seems to have worked well for them.

45 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

No, not since they ended their Dreamworks partnership with Spielberg (and full ownership was the main reason)

Disney definently like full ownership and almost never co produces with other studios or companies.

There are exceptions of course. The Deal with Sony to allow Spidey to join the MCU (and let Sony use the MCU in it's Spidey movies) and Disney has inherited a number of projects it will not  have full ownership of with the Fox Deal "The Avatar franchise being the most obvious) but generally Disney wants 100% ownership of it's product.