grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Absolutely they would. Vietnam does not fuck around with that stuff.

i don't mean the issue is not serious or they are wrong or right. I'm not expert so I'm not judging  (in general i would say of course censorship of any kind shouldn't exist).

I mean maybe this supposed map is in another scene and not what we think, cause being mad because of that map, something clearly without any real meaning or political intent but just for fun (all the continents have just different shapes or even doesn't exist) it's kinda ridicolous. If there is a scene of a real map of the real world with problematic representations (like in Uncharted) i can understand it, but if the reference is that map is totally ridicolous imo 😅

Rated 12A by the BBFC:

moderate innuendo, brief sexual harassment, implied strong language

Barbie and Ken leave Barbieland and venture to California where they encounter the realities of being human in this lighthearted US comedy. It explores themes of gender roles and patriarchy through a satirical lens.

• Knock It Off 2

10 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Rated 12A by the BBFC:

Barbie and Ken leave Barbieland and venture to California where they encounter the realities of being human in this lighthearted US comedy. It explores themes of gender roles and patriarchy through a satirical lens.

I think the butt slap is a brief sexual hararssment and "I'm not so sure" moderate innuendo. It will be fine for kids. 

47 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

i don't mean the issue is not serious or they are wrong or right. I'm not expert so I'm not judging  (in general i would say of course censorship of any kind shouldn't exist).

I mean maybe this supposed map is in another scene and not what we think, cause being mad because of that map, something clearly without any real meaning or political intent but just for fun (all the continents have just different shapes or even doesn't exist) it's kinda ridicolous. If there is a scene of a real map of the real world with problematic representations (like in Uncharted) i can understand it, but if the reference is that map is totally ridicolous imo 😅

Trust me. That is a very, very sensitive issue. Something just that minor one hundred percent would be enough to disqualify it.

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Rated 12A by the BBFC:

Yeh, as expected. 

Hopefully this means it’ll be funny for adults too. But kids can go to a 12A as long as they’re with someone over the age of 12. 

(Fun fact, it used to be no one under 12 at all, even accompanied. But they introduced the new rating for Spider-Man in 2002). 

Edited by Krissykins

Here in Italy It got a T rating: this means for everyone.  Children or Kids can go to watch it alone 

It's not surprising. Here It's really hard to get a bad ratings, movie with sex jokes or strong slur words can be rated for families 

Last j law movie in the US Is Rated R. Here is "6+". Children from that Age can go to watch it even without an adult Screenshot-20230703-225508.png 😄

Screenshot-20230703-225849.png

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

31 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't wanna hear the words "superhero fatigue" for the next HUNDRED YEARS

Everyone is treating the Barbie trailer - which contains no laughs, wit or flair of any kind - as if it's the second coming so if I were Mattel I'd throw more crappy toys onto the big screen too. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, vale9001 said:

i think the reason of the ban is another scene. I can't believe is that unserious map you almost didn't see behind barbie 

Can you think of any other such line drawn on any such map in any film? It’s clearly a serious issue and and is effectively either Hollywood allowing itself to be infiltrated by people who keep promoting foreign expansion of a state or Hollywood itself is bowing to foreign pressure by backing foreign expansion of a state.

Its extremely serious. 

Hmmm I'm kinda changing my tune on this film. seeing that it's getting those same idiots that attacked TLM on YouTube makes me want to support it. How do I find theaters that are doing Barbie themed screenings?

My local AMC only have regular screenings so far.

• Haha 1

Damn, still could have been edited out but Vietnamese are currently supportive of Censors decision.

Now, even if the edited out version get a pass into the market, it's likely not gonna be working in the country because of Pro-CCP instance in earlier one.

Department Of Defence (US)

Last week, the Department of Defense updated its policies for working with movie studios to include that a studio does not plan to or comply with Chinese censorship

The DoD “will not provide production assistance when there is demonstrable evidence that the production has complied or is likely to comply with a demand from the Government of the People’s Republic of China … to censor the content of the project in a material manner to advance the national interest of the People’s Republic of China,”

The entire South East Asian region is calling for a ban. Multiple users are slamming Warner Bros for "boot-licking" CFA (China Film Administration) without taking account of territorial conflict between multiple countries.

Even, Filipino Users are quoting - "and if the Philippines decides to ban Barbie.. here’s reminder to western filmmakers who are afraid of losing market in china.. we helped The Little Mermaid get those coins.. not china."

Several users questioned "Why there is a need of map in Barbie?" "Are they catering with Chinese Censors?" "Or helping to popularize CCP Propaganda?"

I hope atleast they have edited the scene out in countries where they haven't submitted for release approval yet.

9 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Rated 12A by the BBFC:

I don't get to know much about Anglosphere Censors but they will rate a "G" anime film by Japan as "R-15/R-18" in UK

It's easier to get "G" in Japan (G = Everyone can see)