lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

10 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I agree actually, it should be very self-aware but that first trailer had a Chronicles vibe to it and that's a pretty serious trailer. This second trailer was much less serious though and it became more successful and I guess that's where they're going with the movie.

Chronicles was a good movie, but it could have easily fallen on its face. These teen movies are usually never of quality.

And if the movie doesn't take itself too seriously at the beginning, it might get good reviews

10 hours ago, franfar said:

They're both movies that can play to nostalgia, since they were active kid's properties in the 90s.

It doesn't even need good reviews (certainly won't hurt though). TMNT got 191m with 22% RT

And look at what the TMNT sequel made less than two years later.  Rotten Tomato scores may be dismissed by some here, but a poorly reviewed first movie does have an effect on future ones, and Lionsgate wants a franchise out of this property.  Not many will give a sequel a chance if the first film is considered awful, even should the sequel include the character of Tommy Oliver somehow.

3 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

And look at what the TMNT sequel made less than two years later.  Rotten Tomato scores may be dismissed by some here, but a poorly reviewed first movie does have an effect on future ones, and Lionsgate wants a franchise out of this property.  Not many will give a sequel a chance if the first film is considered awful, even should the sequel include the character of Tommy Oliver somehow.

This isn't a sequel though, so that doesn't matter

PG13 for sequences of sci fi violence, action, destruction, and some other stuff.

It's not "intense" sequences of sci fi violence, but hey at least its got destruction!

Lets just hope that descriptor isnt just describing the last 15-20 minutes.

1 hour ago, jandrew said:

PG13 for sequences of sci fi violence, action, destruction, and some other stuff.

It's not "intense" sequences of sci fi violence, but hey at least its got destruction!

Lets just hope that descriptor isnt just describing the last 15-20 minutes.

I think if it were just the last 15-20 minutes, it'd put a "some" before it.  The rating makes it seem like there will be action/destruction/sci-fi violence throughout.  It's the same rating as X-Men Apocalypse when it comes to those two terms (except that just said "sequences of violence," not "sci-fi violence"). 

The Panda's regression analysis predicts a $51 million opening weekend for this film, based on the 23.6 million Youtube views for the trailer.  That sounds very high to me, but I also won't be surprised if regardless of whatever Rotten Tomato rating this film actually gets, it has a drop of 70% or so in its second weekend, because it is hard for me to see this movie expanding the Power Rangers audience beyond those people who currently are, or once were, fans of the TV show, who are most likely to see it opening weekend.

Edited by Outrageous!
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Outrageous! said:

The Panda's regression analysis predicts a $51 million opening weekend for this film, based on the 23.6 million Youtube views for the trailer.  That sounds very high to me, but I also won't be surprised if regardless of whatever Rotten Tomato rating this film actually gets, it has a drop of 70% or so in its second weekend, because it is hard for me to see this movie expanding the Power Rangers audience beyond those people who currently are, or once were, fans of the TV show, who are most likely to see it opening weekend.

Unfriended from 2015 had 35m+ trailer views and it opened to $15m.

They literally mean nothing.

Just now, Krissykins said:

Unfriended from 2015 had 35m+ trailer views and it opened to $15m.

They literally mean nothing.

the trailers views on YT alone mean nothing but you have took at over all social media activity. like it has almost 900,000 likes on FB I made a club a while ago about it opening over 50 million. I'll bump it