lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

2 hours ago, johnboy3434 said:

There's no need to be a dick about it.

Tbf, I'm not surprised either. Not because I hate it (I just don't have confidence in the film due to how it's being presented), but because this is Lionsgate after all. Good films from that studio are becoming pretty uncommon.

1 minute ago, NoobSaibot said:

Tbf, I'm not surprised either. Not because I hate it (I just don't have confidence in the film due to how it's being presented), but because this is Lionsgate after all. Good films from that studio are becoming pretty uncommon.

What? Lionsgate just had one of their best years for movies in a long ass time.

24 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, I probably made a fallacious statement.

But four of the five films I saw from them last year were duds. The sole exception to this was Deepwater Horizon. Can't really blame me if I have very low hopes for Power Rangers.

For whatever it's worth: A user on Rangerboard who also knows someone with an advance screening says they haven't even received their tickets yet, much less seen the film. I don't know if that calls O.92's statements into doubt or not (over how long a period do test screenings usually show?), but his reputation as a bullshitter would merit a grain of salt.

Full disclosure: I obviously want to believe that he's lying because I want the movie to be good.

Edited by johnboy3434

On 2/19/2017 at 4:00 PM, johnboy3434 said:

For whatever it's worth: A user on Rangerboard who also knows someone with an advance screening says they haven't even received their tickets yet, much less seen the film. I don't know if that calls O.92's statements into doubt or not (over how long a period do test screenings usually show?), but his reputation as a bullshitter would merit a grain of salt.

Full disclosure: I obviously want to believe that he's lying because I want the movie to be good.

I can get hoping the movie will get good reviews and a good audience score, but I saw that shayhiri tried to describe Beauty and the Beast in its thread as a "mediocre kids merchandise product" and I thought about Power Rangers.  On its best days, Power Rangers can be described that way although some fans may want to remove mediocre at times.  It has definitely been made to sell merchandise over the past 20 plus years.  And as I said before, Lionsgate and Saban haven't made the best quality products in recent years, so for right now, I am not expecting a sudden shift from them for the movie's quality.  Maybe it can still surprise by getting good reviews when it is released.

On 2/19/2017 at 1:25 PM, WrathOfHan said:

On 2/19/2017 at 1:51 PM, NoobSaibot said:

Yeah, I probably made a fallacious statement.

But four of the five films I saw from them last year were duds. The sole exception to this was Deepwater Horizon. Can't really blame me if I have very low hopes for Power Rangers.

Power Rangers has at least one thing that makes it very similar to Gods of Egypt and Allegiant, and very different from La La Land and John Wick 2: a high budget.  The pressure for this to perform well is higher, especially as this movie has a significant merchandising component to it.  Unfortunately, seeing their 2017 suits in toy form as being nearly one solid color: red, blue, pink, etc, set up directly against the Zyuranger based designs of the Legacy figures most know the Power Rangers for, really shows the clash of designs.  I think it is easier for Bandai to sell the Legacy PR action figures than the new movie ones.

5 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I don't know why anyone is seriously hoping for anything good out of this movie. No one remembers Power Rangers for its artistic ambition.

Depends what your definition of "good" is for a Power Rangers movie. I just want goofy Rangers vs alien minions fight scenes, some Megazord vs giant monster destruction, and at least one entire morphing sequence.

4 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Power rangers 

$46,000,000 -  $110,000,000 Opening weekend

$147,000,000 - $350,000,000 Domestic

$396,000,000 - $945,000,000 worldwide

No way PR does a $110M/$350M/$945M run.

if this got decent reviews like even around 55% it would be huge but I'm thinking it might get panned which will hurt it's boxoffice. This definitely has hype right now though. it will do well especially among boys like age 8-16 and the nostalgia crowd. (girls might be to occupied with Beauty and the beast but it will do well with them too) 

Edited by ban1o

2 hours ago, YourMother said:

No way PR does a $110M/$350M/$945M run.

Power Ranger Movie News!!!!!!!!!!!

The world premiere of power rangers is in los angeles on Monday March 20th, this is good news as most movies
that are expected to do well premiere 3 - 7 days before the release date and most movies expected to do bad have premieres 1 - 2 days before release date 

Also Power rangers is going to have advance screenings in eight various cities on Wednesday March 22nd 

this info comes from

https://contests.teksavvy.com/powerrangers