lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

19 minutes ago, Aplandg said:

I wasn't expecting another trailer until about a week and a half from now. Kind of surprised they are releasing it so early. Also, are Friday's very good days to garner attention? I feel like people may be more distracted. 

It's playing during all star weekend apparently. I think the trailer is fine for NBA audiences. 

Edited by ban1o

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Gotta admit i expected a better music choice when i read "ALL-STAR TRAILER" very disappointing.

yeah it seems the same old for this even from the first trailer.  Nothing has made it more appealing even with all the new footage.  But never know, it could still possibly be a fun enough flick.

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Unfriended from 2015 had 35m+ trailer views and it opened to $15m.

They literally mean nothing.

One look at Panda's chart shows that they mean something. There's definitely a positive correlation between Youtube views and OW/DOM. A movie with more Youtube trailer views is more likely to make X amount of money than a movie that has fewer views.

EDIT: However, it's worth noting that the proper way to express his prediction is with an interval, not an estimate. His formula's prediction for the OW is anything between $26.4M and $77.4M (with $51.9M as the most likely value), while the prediction for DOM is anywhere from $87.3M and $236M (with $162M as the most likely value).

Edited by johnboy3434

There is worrisome news about this movie from 0.92 from Rangercrew, who also tweeted about it:

Unfortunately, this sounds consistent with the quality of what the two main production companies for the movie have produced in recent years.  Lionsgate released Gods of Egypt and Allegiant last year, and Saban Brands released Super Megaforce's so-called "Legendary Battle" and Dino Super Charge's "End of Extinction" last year.

22 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It looks like a lower budget version of G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra. 

So I'll say under 35% on RT 

And that still pulled in $150m in 2009 dollars.

I hope no one is expecting rave reviews for this. That being said, I hope we dont expect reviews are going to have that big an impact. TF1, TMNT, etc, nostalgia rules.

Now the sequel will be a different story, but for this one, its going to do well as long as LGF puts in position to do well. PR is campy as hell, and the GA knows this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jandrew said:

And that still pulled in $150m in 2009 dollars.

I hope no one is expecting rave reviews for this. That being said, I hope we dont expect reviews are going to have that big an impact. TF1, TMNT, etc, nostalgia rules.

Now the sequel will be a different story, but for this one, its going to do well as long as LGF puts in position to do well. PR is campy as hell, and the GA knows this.

Piranha 3D was campy as hell and it's certified fresh on RT.

Just because a movie is campy doesn't mean it's going to suck.