lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

7 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Personally, I'm putting the "success threshold" for this movie's performance at about $51M OW, $148M DOM, $498M WW. For now, we'll just have to hope that BO.com is lowballing it.

Honestly IMO if it doesn't better than Out of the Shadows I'll call it a success

16 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Personally, I'm putting the "success threshold" for this movie's performance at about $51M OW, $148M DOM, $498M WW. For now, we'll just have to hope that BO.com is lowballing it.

That does seem what they are hoping for, yeah.

For comparison, the first TMNT did 191m DOM and 493M WW on what I assume is a similar budget of 125m and that was more than enough to greenlight a sequel.

18 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

OotS was an over 50% loss on investment. PR needs to do substantially better than that.

Not a financial success, but PR just doesn't have the same level of interest the first ninja turtles did. As long as it isn't a huge disaster

On 2/21/2017 at 11:41 AM, Blankments said:

starting to think this might be big; it's got solid reactions at both john wick 2 and a cure for wellness

And someone on Rangercrew said that a friend saw John Wick 2 and their audience had a negative reaction to it.  It's probably a wash then, as there as some who are impressed by the trailer, and others, much like Rita's last name, are just repulsed by anything Power Rangers and won't see it regardless of how hard the movie tries to change things.

22 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Doing marginally better than Out of the Shadows isn't great. Lionsgate doesn't want another Divergent situation happening here. 

And I'm sure Bandai wants their movie toys to sell, not sit on the shelves.  A movie with a box office run either near, or worse than Out of the Shadows would probably mean the toys are not going to sell either, certainly not to the extent Bandai, Saban, and Lionsgate would prefer.

4 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I might as well give up on predicting box office if this makes enough money to be considered success. It will be definitive proof that I'm out of touch with general audiences and that they have indeed lost their minds.

While PR certainly has its vocal fans, it's the holds after opening weekend that may be tough for this film's box office.  Is there going to be enough of an audience excited to see this movie in week 3?

1 hour ago, Goffe said:

I might as well give up on predicting box office if this makes enough money to be considered success. It will be definitive proof that I'm out of touch with general audiences and that they have indeed lost their minds.

Because liking something you don't see any merit in is obviously a fault on their part.

• Like 1

Some Power Rangers Cast news: Matt Shively (True Jackson VP, The Real O'Neals) talks about his role in the Power Rangers' Movie. He plays best friends with the Red ranger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyD3Y-JN9Gg

wait did he say power rangers is a dark comedy and he plays jason's friend and he does some vulgar things at the beginning of the movie, i feel like lionsgate is marketing this as having the feel of the tv show, but i think we might get something closer to chronicle

becky g says producers told her it's the breakfast club meets power rangers

her p.r. people should have warned her to dodge political questions, but she gave a good politically correct answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXzL...ature=youtu.be
  • Like 1

Just now, Gokira2012 said:

any reason?

it's doing $10 higher on hsx than ghost in the shell

Hsx lol, god remember that? 

No I just have this weird feeling, I haven't heard a single person outside of the Internet ever mention this film. So I'm putting it out there incase I'm right lol. 

41 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hsx lol, god remember that? 

No I just have this weird feeling, I haven't heard a single person outside of the Internet ever mention this film. So I'm putting it out there incase I'm right lol. 

tumblr_o12kgr9dJO1r8jzago1_500.gif

• Like 1