vc2002

Name your guilty pleasure movies

(Let's make sure those you named got zero proof of being even slightly liked by the GA. For example, TF2 was slammed by the critics, but boxoffice suggested GA must've liked it to some extent, and so being a fan of TF2 shouldn't count as guilty pleasure.)

Speed 2

Yes it's a critical disaster, and flopped at the boxoffice but somehow I just find that movie really enjoyable. I guess being a sequel yet having nothing to do with the 1st film really helped giving it a bad name lol

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

This is one of the dumbest films ever made, but I laughed from start to finish. It's just hilarious in a very silly way. I actually quote it from time to time.

Edited by vc2002

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

This is one of the dumbest films ever made, but I laughed from start to finish. It's just hilarious in a very silly way. I actually quote it from time to time.

Kung Pow's already a pretty big cult film though, so I'd hardly call it despised by the GA.

Anyway, X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure there are only 3 people on the planet who like Tank Girl, and I'm one of them. :P

I'd also say Wimbledon. It's as predictable as a movie can be, but for some reason I absolutely love it. If I see it's on TV I end up watching it every time.

• Like 1

Being a comic book movie fan, I've got a gazillion guilty pleasures.

Ones right off the top of my head would be

Superman III

Spider-Man 3

The FF films

DD

GR

Elektra

Other non-SH films:

A View to a Kill

I Spy

Loaded Weapon 1

Airplane 2

• Like 1

I'm not even sure what a guilty pleasure is.  For example, how is Armageddon a guilty pleasure?  Wasn't it loved by most who saw it?

I'm not even sure what a guilty pleasure is.  For example, how is Armageddon a guilty pleasure?  Wasn't it loved by most who saw it?

Well looking at IMDb ratings, no. Liked, maybe, but only about 1/3 loved it.

Well looking at IMDb ratings, no. Liked, maybe, but only about 1/3 loved it.

Ok, fair enough, but I don't think it's a guilty pleasure.  

I would think a guilty pleasure is some small obscure film that maybe you know and like but it hasn't really made it into the mainstream.  Of I guess some of the ones you mentioned would be, especially Superman 3.

For me, a guilty pleasure is a film you know and think is bad, but still enjoy anyway.

For example, I think Birdemic is a bad film, but I still enjoy the fuck out of it, hence guilty pleasure.

Everyone else thinks Speed Racer is a bad film, but I think they're wrong and that it's absolutely awesome, hence it's not a guilty pleasure. 

• Like 1

My small list:

Escape From Planet Earth

Space Chimps

Space Chimps 2

What Happens In Vegas

27 Dresses

A Guy Thing

Bride Wars

AND SO SO SO MANY MORE

A few guilty pleasures that are popular but still a guilty plessure to me

Mean Girls