A Marvel Fanboy

The Paramount Pictures Thread | Skydance will probably buy out the studio

43 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

They'd probably sell the rights to the highest bidder like Sony does with their film

I was referring to the shows though. I mean I guess they could get another streaming service to pick them up but it seems like less of a guarantee.

Knowing I am a big Last Ronin fan my boss asked me how excited I was for the recently announced movie adaptation.  I told him I cannot be excited until there is a trailer.  With all the uncertainties at Paramount it can easily be dropped.

And the flood of news stories that the costs for the next Missiion Impossible film have gone out of contorl is the last ining Paramount needed in it's attempt to attract new investors to keep it' s independence.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

MI8 may be safe from being deleted,  since Skydance funded them

They sunk way too much money into MI8, not releasing means they lose $400M outright and have nothing to show for it.

MI8 will be a money sink, but Top Gun 3 should make up for the last 2MIs.

Edited by Mojoguy

7 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

They sunk way too much money into MI8, not releasing means they lose $400M outright and have nothing to show for it.

MI8 will be a money sink, but Top Gun 3 should make up for the last 2MIs.

THis. Even if Sony had taken over no way they would scrub MI8 given all the money they have spent on it.  irony is hte more is spent on a movie, the less likely it is to have the plug pullesd.. Too much invested,, you have no choice but to pay to finisht the film and roll the die.

Some people here really have no idea of the way the film industry works.

But I supsect Skydance management will take a damn good look at why MI 8 went so wildly over budget.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

But I supsect Skydance management will take a damn good look at why MI 8 went so wildly over budget.

Yeah, Skydance management should really be taking a hard look at...

*checks who's producing MI8*

...Skydance management.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Human said:

Wait, is the 400M budget for MI8 confirmed?  Last I heard that was just a rumor.

Rumor city.  Not based in any reported facts from the trades, whatsoever.  

• Like 3