A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Alonso wasn't in charge of creative decisions. She treated VFX people like shit for years so you bet that this decision isn't an overnight one. She was on the chopping block since VFX workers made their issues with Marvel public. We don't know when the axe fell but they announced it today. When a big gun falls they always give them time to find another lucrative position in another big company to bully people there. These people always do well. 

Ant Man 3 flopping is not on her. She'll be a popular scapegoat cause PapaFeigeCan'tDoWrong. But it didn't flop because of VFX. 

VFX have been a problem for a long time for Mahvel. Well there were story problems with antman 3 vfx has become a more pressing issue due to studios forcing vfx teams to go to crunch consantly

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

VFX have been a problem for a long time for Mahvel. Well there were story problems with antman 3 vfx has become a more pressing issue due to studios forcing vfx teams to go to crunch consantly

Yep and  if they want to fix creative problems, they need to fire people whom Feige put in charge. Alonso firing may fix relationship with VFX but it won't fix creative woes since she had nothing to do with it.

So far we’ve seen them say that there will be more spread out MCU releases to let each one shine, a delay on Disney plus MCU  projects for this year, Iger said that they don’t need 3rd and 4th films for every marvel character and now Alonso leaving the company. Anyone who doesn’t see the MCU is in turmoil post quantamania is definitely in denial. Only question is whether there will be anymore shake ups?

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

So far we’ve seen them say that there will be more spread out MCU releases to let each one shine, a delay on Disney plus MCU  projects for this year, Iger said that they don’t need 3rd and 4th films for every marvel character and now Alonso leaving the company. Anyone who doesn’t see the MCU is in turmoil post quantamania is definitely in denial. Only question is whether there will be anymore shake ups?

I don't know if Marvel is in turmoil. Seems to me like a necessary evolution. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

Apparently she was also in charge of pushing for diversity. So this is a very mixed bag firing

Diversity push aint worth it if the films look like shit. It’s the argument conservatives always make that the diversity pushing is letting quality go to the wayside.

31 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

Fixing VFX won't fix script issues. Hopefully this is just the first step, and the Rick and Morty writers are the next to go.

Exactly, If the script for Ant Man 3 had been really good, people would not have minded the wonky CGI so much.

Watch her interviews, she does not give off much a "horrible boss" vibe in what I have seen. Bob Chapek did, however.

Edited by excel1

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Watch her interviews, she does not give off much a "horrible boss" vibe in what I have seen. Bob Chapek did, however.

Oh, I assure you, from personal experience, that some people who are outwardingly charming can be total SOB's.

28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Oh, I assure you, from personal experience, that some people who are outwardingly charming can be total SOB's.

I have ample experience in this area 😂 It is amazing how many people that are just being effective task managers get referred to "what an asshole/bitch". So cannot always take first word. 

Even If she was singularly responsible for all the evil things about Marvel and Vfx, Feige has to take the responsibilities as he is above her in rank and she has been around for so long. I find it hard to believe that this is not some kind of hit piece happening to pass the buck. Anyway we will know in few months if the toxic relationship with VFX studios are in the rearview mirror or not. 

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

I see they've found a new scapegoat.

Anybody who believes she was solely responsible and feige wasnt culpable is out of their mind.

Yeah, not denying Victoria wasn't part of the problem she was the one in charges for visuals but both she and Feige were co-approving things. There's no way Feige wouldn't be aware or in some cases due to the power he has, it's plausible he was in on it too.

• Like 1