A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

3 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

So TFA is the one that lost the audience, not TLJ. 

TFA sort of lost me. I was dissapointed  when it turned out to be a remake of A New Hope. They pretty much did that already with TPM.

Bob Iger knows the importance for true creativity. It was a lesson he knew from TV days and applied with great success as CEO. Marvel and Lucas were known brands but he put a very creativity spin on Marvel initially, Lucas was a bit more by the numbers from the beginning. Disney turned Marvel and Lucas into McDonalds - something exceptionally predictable - and that over saturated it. Of course the excitement and allure was lost. 

I think a giant lessons from 2nd half of 2023 will be the success that WB has by giving proven creators room to run with known IP. Gerwig with Barbie, Villaneuve with Dune, the Paddington guys with Wonka, Wan with Aquaman was already a success but this is a continuation...

Disney needs to make a Mandalorian MOVIE and needs it out SOON. 

• Like 1

It seems those snow white photos are real after all only with a couple of stand in  actors. This is an absolute joke...this isnt about being woke or racist ..it's like Disney found the biggest pile of cocaine they could and sniffed it at a production meeting

Edited by screambaby

The funny thing about all of this is how most of Bob Iger's "wounds" are self-inflicted. 

Yes. Bob Chapek was an inexperienced fuckup and a liability to the company. But had Iger been smarter about picking a successor or left before 2019, he wouldn't have had to come back and fix a mess that he helped make.

He also could have chosen to not be the root of the problem with these strikes or ar least kept his mouth shut about the demands of the WGA and SAG. Now, he's rightfully getting flack from people on all sides and burned through the goodwill he had back in November. 

15 hours ago, excel1 said:

Bob Iger knows the importance for true creativity. It was a lesson he knew from TV days and applied with great success as CEO. Marvel and Lucas were known brands but he put a very creativity spin on Marvel initially, Lucas was a bit more by the numbers from the beginning. Disney turned Marvel and Lucas into McDonalds - something exceptionally predictable - and that over saturated it. Of course the excitement and allure was lost. 

I think a giant lessons from 2nd half of 2023 will be the success that WB has by giving proven creators room to run with known IP. Gerwig with Barbie, Villaneuve with Dune, the Paddington guys with Wonka, Wan with Aquaman was already a success but this is a continuation...

We disagree on a lot of things. But you are not wrong here. Good thing is that there is an obvious plan underway and it’s happening, they are just releasing their "solo MCU films" on Disney+ and gearing up for the big Avengers like Mandalorian film. It’s going to be glorious.

18 hours ago, excel1 said:

Disney turned Marvel and Lucas into McDonalds - something exceptionally predictable - and that over saturated it. Of course the excitement and allure was lost. 

No it doesn't. Mando show isn't what it used to be. Ratings are down in big part because of poor creative decisions (Din and Grogu reunion on Boba Fett, focus shift from Din and Grogu to Bo Katan, Mandalorian politics-based instead of lighthearted adventure), Pascal isn't that interested to continue now that he has TLOU (he said he wouldn't mind if Bo Katan took over which would spell doom for the potential movie), Andor surpassed it as an awards player and got Best Drama nom with the Emmys. It's past its prime. 

But speaking of McDonalnds, Andor and Obi Wan got Emmy noms in Best Drama and Best Limited respectively so I guess Star Wars isn't as dead as rumor has it. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Mando S3, while not quite as good as S1, was much better than S2. And the Bo Katan stories WITH Mando were great.

I didn't watch but Bo Katan actress is no star.  If they are to make the movie than it needs to be Pascal front and center cause he is a star. He's the hottest actor of the moment. Everyone wants him. Look how many movies he booked.

Edited by Valonqar

I have a ***BOLD*** prediction here.

If Ahsoka, Loki S2, and The Marvels are all well recieved, then people are gonna stop bitching about Iger or even go back to singing his praises.

If they get mid-reception or mixed (or even bad), then Iger will continue to get dumped on.

Thank you for attending my TED Talk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

8 hours ago, JWR said:

The funny thing about all of this is how most of Bob Iger's "wounds" are self-inflicted. 

Yes. Bob Chapek was an inexperienced fuckup and a liability to the company. But had Iger been smarter about picking a successor or left before 2019, he wouldn't have had to come back and fix a mess that he helped make.

He also could have chosen to not be the root of the problem with these strikes or ar least kept his mouth shut about the demands of the WGA and SAG. Now, he's rightfully getting flack from people on all sides and burned through the goodwill he had back in November. 

Iger at this point won't be removed  because of the comments given that the board have no one to take over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I didn't watch but Bo Katan actress is no star.  If they are to make the movie than it needs to be Pascal front and center cause he is a star. He's the hottest actor of the moment. Everyone wants him. Look how many movies he booked.

It’s a voice over role that Pedro Pascal can do in a sound booth in his pajamas. He’s not gonna leave the series and he’ll be in the movie (if it happens). His TLOU role won’t affect any of that. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 1:52 AM, ZattMurdock said:

With all the bullshit that Iger said and the SAG-AFTRA strike happening, this bit of news seems to have flown under the radar:

Disney might be in the business of selling ABC. I think this is a good thing, actually. Same for getting a partner like Google for ESPN.

Iger coming back, ripping off his mask and revealing he is Zaslav was not on my bingo card, but here we are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dominic Draper said:

Iger coming back, ripping off his mask and revealing he is Zaslav was not on my bingo card, but here we are.

Or maybe they had much more in common than their haters and supporters cared to admit? Iger has a responsibility to every Disney employee out there conduct the business in a profitable manner. 

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

I have a ***BOLD*** prediction here.

If Ahsoka, Loki S2, and The Marvels are all well recieved, then people are gonna stop bitching about Iger or even go back to singing his praises.

If they get mid-reception or mixed (or even bad), then Iger will continue to get dumped on.

Thank you for attending my TED Talk.

Snow white is gonna ruin everything....massive dumpster fire

• Like 1