A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

1 hour ago, Warmaster506 said:

Xmen 97 is straight fire.  Hopefully they show Rogue draining Carol. 

I'm still watching the original for the first time(so I haven't watched 97 yet), but they already showed that in the original show. (S2 "A Rogue's Tale")

Edited by Youngstar

7 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/disney-proxy-fight-iss-backs-peltz-1235857258/

Well this is going to be a lot messier than it looked even a day ago. Going to be a long two weeks for the Disney company. 

Proxy fight: we have one of those in Hollywood in a long time. Used to be fairly common, in the 50's and early 60's they happened at MGM and...because of the Cleopatra debacle...at Fox in 1962. Split decision:  The managment won at MGM. Lost at Fox and Zanuck got the studio back.

Porxy fights are great for lawyers, though: big bucks fuaranteed no matter who wins.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, AniNate said:

I dunno if it'd make them more money but personally I'd be more interested in a slate not driven so much by concepts that are instantly off-putting from the moment they're announced such as cynical, gaudy live action remakes. Maybe a more diversified slate of budget levels and genres would mean Disney gets better return on investment at least.

Remains to be seen what kind of strategy Greenbaum leans into, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now since he's been a boon to Yorgos Lanthimos' career, and is also now taking a chance on an Andrew Stanton live action flick again.

I hate the live action remakes with a passion; but it's stupid to deny they have been huge moneymakers for Disney..though what happened with the Little Mermaid might show the GA has had it's fill of them.

1 hour ago, cooldude97 said:

honestly kinda weird Disney has never tried to adapt Kingdom Hearts (movie or show) in any way since they own the whole thing outside the FF cameos 

Afaik they let Nomura handle everything, outside of a super early attempt at doing a cartoon. I know he was the main difficulty in putting Sora into Super Smash Bros, as opposed to Disney lol

On 3/21/2024 at 7:49 PM, filmlover said:

Godspeed everyone who has the willpower to endure that. :lol: Two movies in one day at the theater has always been the limit for me.

If you only stay in theaters for the ones that are good it's not even as long as the LOTR trilogy though.

• Knock It Off 1

7 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Can someone who's more aware of how this kind of thing works give any idea as to who has the edge in this board fight?

I think Iger would have preferred to have voting take place after the surefire hits that are IO2 and D&W but the members have stayed loyal to him so far. If he's smart he should immediately nab Peltz and point out that Black Panther was a 1.3B+ movie with a huge cultural impact and several Oscar wins and how such a monumental film wouldn't have been greenlit under Peltz.

Ofc he too has bought into the anti-woke BS to an extent with his "Our films have become too political" comments. X-Men '97 has the heroes literally fighting insurrectionists and that is Disney+'s biggest animated series debut since What If? Season 1 in peak MCU popularity era.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Can someone who's more aware of how this kind of thing works give any idea as to who has the edge in this board fight?

Probably Iger, Peltz has a lot of baggage I don't think he is a viable replacment.

Now that he has attacked Densey openly for the BLack Panther movies, he is gong to become toxic.

Edited by dudalb