A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I'm guessing Chapek never felt fully in charge since Iger never left the Disney premises. Like he was being second guessed by the previous CEO. 

Also felt like the board never liked Chapek much.

The board hired Chapek, so that is tough to say. If they thought someone like Walden was ready, they would have gone that route instead of the Return of the King route. 

I think they get someone controllable with a family friendly image. It'll be Josh Damaro in 2 years, watch.

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

The board hired Chapek, so that is tough to say. If they thought someone like Walden was ready, they would have gone that route instead of the Return of the King route. 

I think they get someone controllable with a family friendly image. It'll be Josh Damaro in 2 years, watch.

I think it would be a mistake to go with another Parks person. That part of the company needs a leader that has a ton of autonomy but the overall leader needs to be a media/content person. I think it’ll be Walden. 

3 minutes ago, Toruk Makto XXR said:

I wonder how much they had to throw at him for these 2 years. I’ll start the bidding at $200M.

Bob Iger still owns a bunch of stock and I'm sure that will pop come Monday but even so I would go higher including certain bonus targets. 

3 minutes ago, Eric Killmonger said:

lmfao even Olaf hated this dude's ass

Cancelling all the different shows and movies which were greenlit as vehicles for Josh Gad was the one good thing Chapek did. Wonder if Iger is changing his number to prevent Gad from blowing it up with messages.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2022 at 3:18 PM, Potiki said:

Interview with the GOAT. 

Around the 17:30 minute mark if you want to hear about what Iger thinks about the challenges of theatrical going forward. 

Doing the research on what this could mean and rewatching this interview tonight. If I remember correctly Iger predicted the struggles Cable and Broadcast are facing, also the challenges of theatrical but that is part of the post. Have to see if there are any nuggets of info in there that could explain what changes might be coming. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 4:24 PM, Porthos said:

I think the last year and a half has shown that he is secure as long as investors/the business class are happy with Disney Plus and Disney Parks.

Chapek’s ouster comes on the heels of a third-quarter earnings report that spooked Wall Street as spending on content and marketing for Disney’s direct-to-consumer platforms hit its projected peak of $1.5 billion in fiscal 2022. Even though the Disney had previously guided Wall Street to losses of that scale, and even as Disney+ posted subscriber growth for the quarter, the river of red-ink still took a toll on Disney’s stock price. Shares fell well below the $100 mark, to $90, on Nov. 9, the day after Disney’s after-market earnings report.

I equivocated a bit in the rest of the post, but I'll take it. 👍

• Like 2