A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

On 8/10/2022 at 1:13 PM, YM! said:

Really tempted to drop the Plus now lol.

man well but annual renewal for me is November so might as well keep it for basically nothing.

bigger shock for me is once I leave T-Mobile I’m cancelling Netflix. I’ve had subscription for 22 years. Their content gets worse daily and their available movie collection blows versus HBO max. I loathe the UI for hbomax but it’s time to suck it up

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

man well but annual renewal for me is November so might as well keep it for basically nothing.

bigger shock for me is once I leave T-Mobile I’m cancelling Netflix. I’ve had subscription for 22 years. Their content gets worse daily and their available movie collection blows versus HBO max. I loathe the UI for hbomax but it’s time to suck it up

I ditched Netflix last month. I haven’t watched anything on the service in years.

I want to see another SW movie made just out of morbid curiosity on what its BO will look like.  I feel like after the disappointing sequel trilogy and these mediocre shows, Star Wars has definitely moved past its prestige special cultural event status.

The Disney Legends Award is given to an individual who has made an extraordinary contribution to the Disney legacy, and this year’s honorees include Anthony Anderson, Kristen Bell, Chadwick Boseman, Rob’t Coltrin, Patrick Dempsey, Robert Price “Bob” Foster, Jonathan Groff, Don Hahn, Josh Gad, Doris Hardoon, Idina Menzel, Chris Montan, Ellen Pompeo, and Tracee Ellis Ross. Emmy® Award winner Tamron Hall will host, bringing her signature warmth and humor to the fan-favorite ceremony.

JUST ANNOUNCED: D23 Expo to Kick off With Epic Opening Ceremony That Includes Disney Legends Awards - D23

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The fact all four of the Frozen actors are being recognized should probably be a cause for speculation that a third movie will be one of the big announcements at the entire event.

Indeed and even if it's not announced, it's definitely coming eventually. The first 2 films combined for over $2.8 billion (and most importantly, the sequel made more than the first), so you know there's no way Disney won't go back to that well. 

45 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Don't know if we have a thread for it or not but the official title for their annual Disney Animation Thanksgiving release for 2023 is The Familiars. Assume more details will be revealed at D23.

The Familiars (2023) - Financial Information (the-numbers.com)

Hm! It already reminds me of The Borrowers but I admit that's only from the title.

I'm glad the Legends Ceremony will be livestramed bc I want to see how they honor Chadwick.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Don't know if we have a thread for it or not but the official title for their annual Disney Animation Thanksgiving release for 2023 is The Familiars. Assume more details will be revealed at D23.

The Familiars (2023) - Financial Information (the-numbers.com)

I do wonder if it’s based on the book.

On 8/15/2022 at 10:22 AM, Jonwo said:

Daniel Loeb is like the investor equivalent of someone you put on ignore on a forum.

Fact is a lot of investors don't know much about the busineses in which they are invested.

Loeb has never worked in the entertainmanet industry. why the hell should the Professionals take his advice?

From what we’ve heard, Disney is currently working on a 2D animated film based on the French folktale Bluebeard.

That’s not all. Apparently, Academy Award winner Jennifer Lee (Frozen) is involved, but it’s unclear if she’ll strictly direct, write, or produce. Since taking on the role of Chief Creative Officer of Walt Disney Animation Studios in 2018, she hasn’t done much directing, so it would be interesting to see if this project would bring her back to the chair.

Unfortunately, it’s also unclear when the studio is planning to release the film, but if the info we received about the “Princess and the Pea” project is also true, that means the film may be scheduled for sometime in 2024.

Now, once again, there’s also a chance some of this info is wrong – but hopefully, Disney will offer some official clarification at their animation panel next week.

source:https://thedisinsider.com/2022/08/30/rumor-disney-developing-2d-animated-film-based-on-french-fairy-tale-bluebeard/

LightYawningHornet-size_restricted.gif

Lots of room for disappointment but if this is true I will be so happy to have a full length 2D WDAS film, would prefer it to come out next year with the 100 year anniversary though. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Potiki said:

source:https://thedisinsider.com/2022/08/30/rumor-disney-developing-2d-animated-film-based-on-french-fairy-tale-bluebeard/

LightYawningHornet-size_restricted.gif

Lots of room for disappointment but if this is true I will be so happy to have a full length 2D WDAS film, would prefer it to come out next year with the 100 year anniversary though. 

Literally how can you make a kid-friendly movie about a man who loves murdering his wives?