A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

43 minutes ago, Eric the Shark said:

Literally how can you make a kid-friendly movie about a man who loves murdering his wives?

Most of the fairytales that Disney adapts are way more messed up originally before getting watered down into Disney films, easy way around it is he could be a swindler rather than a murderer. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Eric the Shark said:

Literally how can you make a kid-friendly movie about a man who loves murdering his wives?

Considering how different some of the source material of the already existing Disney Classics is, it really shouldn't be that hard. 

ETA:::

@Potiki beat me, but only because I was debating whether or not to hunt for linked examples. :hahaha:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

The original Little Mermaid fairy tale had her being given a dagger to kill her Prince but instead she commits suicide. The original was dark as hell.

Far different from Disney version that nowadays only exists to sell merchandise.

Edited by Mojoguy

2 hours ago, Eric the Shark said:

Fox Animation took the claims of teenage Anastasia allegedly escaping the Bolsheviks assassinating the rest of Romanov family, and turned it into a G-rated musical with an undead Rasputin as the antagonist, so...

Times have changed, stories that Disney hasn't already adapted before might face more scrutiny about being too problematic for kids, even with updates. Not that Twitter Discourse seals a movie's fate.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Fox Animation took the claims of teenage Anastasia allegedly escaping the Bolsheviks assassinating the rest of Romanov family, and turned it into a G-rated musical with an undead Rasputin as the antagonist, so...

Times have changed, stories that Disney hasn't already adapted before might face more scrutiny about being too problematic for kids, even with updates. Not that Twitter Discourse seals a movie's fate.

6rq75x.jpg

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I remember watching that as a 7 year old and legit had no idea her whole family was murdered cause the movie just glosses over it lol

• Like 2

I was gonna mention that they already have something sorta/kinda like this (though it didn't include Plus), but it's in the article:

Disney already has a special program for superfans, the D23 Official Fan Club, which costs $99.99 to $129.99 a year and comes with access to exclusive events and merchandise. That program offered members a discounted three-year subscription to Disney+ in 2019. A new membership program would be different in that it would be targeted at more casual Disney fans and customers.

The only thing I would add is that D23 membership also has a free tier which allowed folks to get that 3 year discount deal.

(yes, that is how I got it — thanks to @Cap for the heads up, so long ago)

Edited by Porthos
has, not had
  • Like 2

That list just seems like a rumor amalgamation of every fan casting we've heard in the last 3 months. I'm not saying it can't be right, but I'm trying to figure out why that guy would be the one to know? He's like a sports talking head from the UK.

Edited by The More Fun XXR