Punishment

Weekend Actuals 5/9-5/11 Neigh 49, TASM 35.5, TOW 9.6, HIFR 7.5

Geez, Sony projected a 27% Sunday drop and it ended up at 35%. :lol:

Oh man. A lot of people knew that was bogus.

Cap 2 had a better Sunday hold than both Spidey and Neighbors.

• Like 3

Disney went the right way. 38% projected Sunday drop and it ended up at 33%. Better to be conservative and have the movie look better with actuals than to fudge and look like an idiot the next day.

:lol:

though all the press gets talking before the actuals come in so they have to adapt to that.

As of today, total domestic at the same period of time (10 days run) for sheer comparison

TASM2 : $146,201,934............................................TTDW :$145,097,130   :ph34r: 

Thor The Dark World has reduced its $6 millions gap from opening weekend consistently.  :lol:

• Like 8

I think Sony will fudge it over Thor 2's total at the end of the day. No way their pride will let a Spidey movie gross less than a Thor movie. I would have said the same thing for ASM2 vs. Cap 2, but there is no way they can fudge it past a $250m grosser.

Thor2 shouldn't be a huge problem, but X2 may be. I see 210-215 end now.

Posted Image

• Like 4

Thor2 shouldn't be a huge problem, but X2 may be. I see 210-215 end now.

Posted Image

Oh boy, Thor2 is a huge problem, if Spidey don't watch out he will get his ASS kicked.  :D

No one could have ever told me in September 2006 that a Spider-Man major motion picture would sell far less tickets than Superman Returns. No one.

Or Batman Begins. SM2 made $374m domestic. BB made $205m domestic. If you had said the following in 2005, everyone would say you're crazy:

"The next two Batman movies will gross an average $490m domestic. The next 3 Spider-Man movies will gross an average $271m domestic."

• Like 7

You bring back J.K. Simmons and this whole thing will turn around. Mark my words.

Honestly something has to be done to get American audiences excited for Spidey again