CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Which is why Godzilla cutaways worked till the Hawaii scene. Post that it just became frustrating.

Never been so frustrated at a movie for coyly playing bait and switch as hard as that one. I could almost hear Edwards troll laugh nagging me from behind the camera while shoving disposable McBland family into my disgruntled face for what felt hours. Fock that movie.

I'm team Kong.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 5

Do not even mention the Godzilla thing. It was a terrible movie in every aspect.

Let's hope this is HALF as good as Jackson's magnificent King Kong. Now that would be great. It at least looks good enough, and good visuals is half the battle won.

Edited by shayhiri

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Do not even mention the Godzilla thing. It was a terrible movie in every aspect.

Let's hope this is HALF as good as Jackson's magnificent King Kong. Now that would be great. It at least looks good enough, and good visuals is half the battle won.

In every aspect? Come on, that movie's DP deserves an award it was amazing. Then again, I really love Godzilla so eh.

#TeamGodzilla

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

To each his own. Plenty of people enjoyed G14. 05 Kong was good, but this film is obviously more comparable to Godzilla 2014 since they're set inn the same world etc.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Godzilla's real problem was that the human drama failed to captivate its audience, thus making people thirsty for what they feel to be more interesting, like Godzilla wrecking shit.

Hopefully, this film's creators have learned the right lesson. :unsure:

I'm hoping for the same thing. Thankfully, I have seen The Kings of Summer and I'm pretty sure that unless the story is awful or the studio meddles with the final product, Jordan Vogt-Roberts probably made his talent shine effectively. My concern lies with the story written by Max Borenstein. Gareth Edwards liked to tease more than most directors (and his style of filmmaking--while pretty--failed to captivate me when the talent was onscreen, and this is why I couldn't enjoy his other film Monsters). Jordan isn't Gareth. However, Max also believed that the constant teasing was a good idea, so he went with it. He's the one I'm worried about.

39 minutes ago, Olive said:

$200M+ DOM

$200M in China

Speaking of which, how popular is King Kong in China? I would imagine that a movie like this would do as well as Godzilla (2014) did.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Sorry I could buy the stupid romance between the Ape and the woman. 

And almost everybody will bitch the movie is not up to the tension of the trailer because everybody now apparenty is bored by 20 minutes set pieces with lots of CGI warfare and destruction.

Cricle of Life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

And almost everybody will bitch the movie is not up to the tension of the trailer because everybody now apparenty is bored by 20 minutes set pieces with lots of CGI warfare and destruction.

Cricle of Life.

People bitched about Godzilla before, during, and after its run. People will do the same before, during, and after Kong: Skull Island's run. I'm seeing people bitch right now because the trailer is "too Godzilla-like." It wouldn't matter if Kong was in the movie for 30 fucking minutes, because some would complain that there's "too much Kong, not enough drama." You can't win with people. You just can't.

So I ignore all of it.

• Like 3

Damn that looks good. 

Loved the whole 70s, Vietnam, Apacolyps Now vibe going on. 

I really liked G14. The only part I was annoyed by was when they cut away after we see Godzilla in full during the Hawai scene. What we saw on the tv with the monster flying away we should have just been shown. Other than that I was good with the rest of the movie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoobSaibot said:

People bitched about Godzilla before, during, and after its run. People will do the same before, during, and after Kong: Skull Island's run. I'm seeing people bitch right now because the trailer is "too Godzilla-like." It wouldn't matter if Kong was in the movie for 30 fucking minutes, because some would complain that there's "too much Kong, not enough drama." You can't win with people. You just can't.

So I ignore all of it.

It's almost like people have... different opinions.