CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

11 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

This is how you make posters and look at all that talent. HOLY FUCK.

WB has best marketing department in hollywood. Yes, even better than Disney. Imagine if their tentpole films were actually any good...could easily be grossing much more...

Hopefully, kong bucks the trend and is awesome. 

I liked the trailer but i am not too sure about the humor and some of the CGI. I am sure by the time the movie is out the CGI will look great...still..something is off..not quite sure what..

Still will watch it in theatres because i love big monster films.

6 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

That was a nostalgia and family friendly juggernaut. How is this remotely the same, lol?

The tone, humor, monsters smash extravaganza brimmed with corniness and shallow cartoony characters. Watch out King Kong is the new Blue (sigh). Kids will go apeshit.

Edited by dashrendar44

there is something very offputting about this trailer. I could not quite figure out what it is.  The atmosphere, the humour, the lack of true mystery and danger? I don't know.

BTW are Brie Larson and Jing Tian just there to make strange faces? I don't think I have heard a single line of dialogue from them.

• Like 2

I actually want this to separate itself from Godzilla. After so many people pissed and moaned ("15 minutes," "he's barely in it"), I expected a different response. I'm up for an adventurous movie, anyway.

And for those who have been talking about Brie Larson not getting much dialogue: Tom Hiddleston himself hasn't been speaking much in these trailers either. I wouldn't mark her off as being just a pretty face yet.

I'm ready for this.

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

How will they bring back the Kong in civilized world ?

Don't think a boat big enough ever existed to transport such a beast.

This franchise makes no sense at all.

It's pretty clear that Kong won't be going to a city (2020 could change that, though).

Also, dinos are probably extinct thanks to the Skull Crawlers. The "no dinosaurs" rumor seems to have been validated with this trailer.

1 hour ago, IMojammer said:

"bring proof that monsters exist"

So what's the continuity of this with Godzilla?  Does this happen at the exact same time as Godzilla so everyone is surprised that big monsters exist in both?

Kong: Skull Island takes place in the 1970's. Monarch is involved in this film and will probably make things go "hush hush" after the film's events. The world didn't learn that monsters exist until the events of Godzilla. So the two are not really going to be connected until 2020.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 3

SOLD!

This has an 80's action extravaganza feel to it.  Great looking cast, great looking monster, comedy and a fantastic musical score.  This looks so much better than Godzilla.  Looks terrific imo.

• Like 12