CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

1 hour ago, davincicode1 said:

No! You need to stop trying to divert the attention from a subject that is VERY relevant and real in our society just cuz it makes you uncomfortable.

She's not being shown off because nobody gives a fuck about her. Brie has a Oscar, so she's way closer to a household name than Jing Tiang or whatever

• Like 7

2 hours ago, davincicode1 said:

No! You need to stop trying to divert the attention from a subject that is VERY relevant and real in our society just cuz it makes you uncomfortable.

We can talk about racial casting when it affects commercial viability of a movie but let's not turn this into something else, something more ...destructive.....

2 hours ago, davincicode1 said:

How about you bring it up when it's actually relevant? You know, instead of yelling "racist!", you can look at the evidence even if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

32 minutes ago, zackzack said:

We can talk about racial casting when it affects commercial viability of a movie but let's not turn this into something else, something more ...destructive.....

Yeah, when white people cannot successfully open a movie even when their life depended on it but regardless of that continue receive all the offers in the world. POC don't have that privilege.

1 hour ago, robertman2 said:

She's not being shown off because nobody gives a fuck about her. Brie has a Oscar, so she's way closer to a household name than Jing Tiang or whatever

You wouldn't use the same "Oscar" argument if for example Monique was playing Jing's role...YOU would still argue that Brie was more important and significant.

My point is that in the movie they serve SAME purpose, both have love interests, different jobs but devoted to the mission of exploring the island, and they BOTH get into various incidents involving monsters...it's not like Brie somehow gets later romantically linked to Kong himself and gets separated (alá Ann) from the group, if that was the case then I would have bought the argument....

2 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

You wouldn't use the same "Oscar" argument if for example Monique was playing Jing's role...YOU would still argue that Brie was more important and significant.

My point is that in the movie they serve SAME purpose, both have love interests, different jobs but devoted to the mission of exploring the island, and they BOTH get into various incidents involving monsters...it's not like Brie somehow gets later romantically linked to Kong himself and gets separated (alá Ann) from the group, if that was the case then I would have bought the argument....

You better hope that you're right on all of this because if Brie has a bigger role, you'll look like a fool.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, robertman2 said:

I do :ph34r:

But I'm not sure why this is an argument. In addition to Jing Tian not being a very good actress (granted, the Great Wall was my only sample), she's not a lead, and it's not even like Brie Larson has had that much stuff in the marketing. She didn't even have a line in the trailers until literally this last trailer

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

But I'm not sure why this is an argument. In addition to Jing Tian not being a very good actress (granted, the Great Wall was my only sample), she's not a lead, and it's not even like Brie Larson has had that much stuff in the marketing. She didn't even have a line in the trailers until literally this last trailer

Wait, this is the chick from Great Wall? She was pretty bad in that.

Then again the whole movie sucked

2 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Wait, this is the chick from Great Wall? She was pretty bad in that.

Then again the whole movie sucked

To be fair to her, everybody was kinda bad in it, save Andy Lau, the bro, and that was a 3/10 effort from him

• Like 2

Can the select few of you posters crying racism on this please stop? How the hell is anybody reading racism into this? . If you guys really are from the Internet Movie Database forms and you behave here like you did at that Cesspool of garbage your time here will be very short.

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Those are opinions, not facts.

The fact is that she was not featured in ANY (like ZERO) marketing, NO posters/promos, she wasn't even invited to any red carpets nor interviews to promote the movie....I can't believe how NO one in here is seeing how problematic this is.

Edited by davincicode1

Just now, davincicode1 said:

Those are opinions, not facts.

The problem is that she was not featured in ANY (like ZERO) marketing, NO posters/promos, she wasn't even invited to any red carpets nor interviews to promote the movie....I can't believe how NO one in here is seeing how problematic this is.

Stop it