CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

How is Dark Tower cinematically possible?  Especially Song of Susannah.

They wouldn't have put in motion if it wasn't possible especially spending so much time ($) on it.

You know book to movie adaptation don't have to be a play by play?

Edited by Neo

Will Serkis be back, or does this bear no relation to Jackson's film?

The look of Kong will have to be the sameish is think.It's a prequel, it's universal, plus they are opening a new Kong Ride at Universal Orlando which opens in 2016 based off of Jackson's movie.I know the studio is not the themepark but why open a ride the same year as a new movie but have the title character not look alike?
  • Like 1

They wouldn't have put in motion if it wasn't possible especially spending so much time ($) on it.

You know book to movie adaptation don't have to be a play by play?

That's exactly what's happened with both the Dark Tower and The Stand projects.  They were either shelved, changed hands, or in limbo.  Yes, eventually it may happen but it's not an inevitability.  Looks like The Stand may happen.  We shall see how that turns out which brings me to your second point.  You're probably being sarcastic but of course I know they don't have to be page by page.  My point is that absent MAJOR finagling and revisions, I don't see how certain parts can be filmed.  Doesn't mean they won't figure it out (see Lord of the Rings).    

That's exactly what's happened with both the Dark Tower and The Stand projects.  They were either shelved, changed hands, or in limbo.  Yes, eventually it may happen but it's not an inevitability.  Looks like The Stand may happen.  We shall see how that turns out which brings me to your second point.  You're probably being sarcastic but of course I know they don't have to be page by page.  My point is that absent MAJOR finagling and revisions, I don't see how certain parts can be filmed.  Doesn't mean they won't figure it out (see Lord of the Rings).    

Being serious on your statement of being mathematically possible.  Of course omissions happen. Movies like this take time to come together like LOTR saga this isn't like one of those horror movies they churn out once every 3 months or so.

First prediction: 315 mil DOM. Go big or go extinct.

ayyyy love that Pacific Rim trailer quote...Imma bit lower, 215M. The competition right now is big (no matter how you look at Sinister Six, its still a big player) also HP spin off.I'm actually watching Jackson's Kong at the moment, but I've been going at it in chunks, cause that runtime...