CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

It's too long but Jackson was trying to make a true epic and I applaud that but the movie could have been trimmed another 15/20 minutes maybe

Those boat trip subplots were the very definition of bloat.

Once they got to the island, fun, fun, fun !

And the final act in New York was just superb to me.

• Like 6

It's too long but Jackson was trying to make a true epic and I applaud that but the movie could have been trimmed another 15/20 minutes maybe

The parts of that movie that work are better than 90% of other blockbusters/epics out there. But yes, too bloated for sure in that first act especially.

• Like 1

Ouch. That's gotta hurt. I think Simmons is re-evaluating as to what type of movies he wants to be part of. I remember him saying that the script for terminator Genisys is really smart...

Keaton is having a career resurgence which I am sure he would like to maintain by being part of movies that have a chance of being decent.

It is pretty telling though when two veterans drop out together...the script must be in bad shape and they probably have other things they would like to be part of

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

Yeah but if they both bailed at the same time it surely doesn't bode well for the direction the movie is taking?

Keaton has two 'prestige' projects and Beetlejuice 2 in the pipeline. Even if it's a small role Minions is going to be huge too. He's doing great.

• Like 1

Yeah but if they both bailed at the same time it surely doesn't bode well for the direction the movie is taking?

I am gonna say the script is nothing special. Hiddleston stayed because he is probably getting a good paycheck and he needs it. 

Epic action and atmosphere.

Terrible casting. Naomi was ok. Jack Black was...tolerable but off. Brody was just...wrong.

I still like the movie. But...still.

Lessons learned from LoTR applied to the wrong movie.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 3