CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

Moving away from Dr Strange

Practically a big budget movie every single week in March/April 16/17 now  :blink:

Wait till half the movies drop out or move. March and April are not like the summer or Christmas time, very tough for movies to coexist since audiences only have the weekend to watch movies, so whichever is newest in the marketplace will benefit, and whichever releases last will see the better legs till summer.

Edited by grim22

Chewy, on 12 Dec 2014 - 7:03 PM, said:

Practically a big budget movie every single week in March/April 16/17 now  :blink:

March yes, April not so much.

March 2016 - Zootopia, Warcraft, Divergent, Kung Fu Panda, BvS, Beverly Hills Cop

April 2016 - zzzzzzz

March 2017 - Wolverine, Skull Island, Divergent

April 2017 - Pacific Rim 2

March 2016 - Zootopia, Warcraft, Divergent, Kung Fu Panda, BvS, Beverly Hills Cop

April 2016 - zzzzzzz

I don't think Beverly Hills Cop will actually release on March 25. Eddie Murphy needs it to be a hit, no way will be jeopardize that by releasing against BvS.

Beverly Hills Cop I wouldn't be surprised if they move it to May or August. There is no way it'll stay in March. 

Skull Island moving was going to happen once Doctor Strange landed in that slot. It'll be interesting whether Trolls stays put or moves.

Beverly Hills Cop I wouldn't be surprised if they move it to May or August. There is no way it'll stay in March. 

Skull Island moving was going to happen once Doctor Strange landed in that slot. It'll be interesting whether Trolls stays put or moves.

Looking at the state DWA is in, the question is whether Trolls will even get made.  :P

One of those other March 2016 movies will probably move too, it's a bit too crowded.

I would say Warcraft should look to February, it will give it distance from BvS and also, if it is good, allow time for word of mouth to spread beyond the gamers.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3

Wait till half the movies drop out or move. March and April are not like the summer or Christmas time, very tough for movies to coexist since audiences only have the weekend to watch movies, so whichever is newest in the marketplace will benefit, and whichever releases last will see the better legs till summer.

I know a lot of them will move but there are just so many big budget films on these schedules, there aren't many places to move them. A lot of these are gonna flop, and even more of them won't get made

• Like 2

April 2016 - zzzzzzz

That Huntsman spinoff starring Hems (fingers crossed that it's cancelled) is April 2016, and Universal also scheduled untitled monster movies from K/O (Or was it just K? Can't remember)

• Like 1

That Huntsman spinoff starring Hems (fingers crossed that it's cancelled) is April 2016, and Universal also scheduled untitled monster movies from K/O (Or was it just K? Can't remember)

"The Mummy" moved from April 2016, Huntsman spinoff took its place (Huntsman spinoff will probably just make around Oblivion numbers at best though, a snow white sequel without snow white sounds like a great idea.)

• Like 1

Looking at the state DWA is in, the question is whether Trolls will even get made. :P

I would say Warcraft should look to February, it will give it distance from BvS and also, if it is good, allow time for word of mouth to spread beyond the gamers.

If Jupiter Ascending makes great bucks, this could happen.

Since it won't, I don't think Universal wants to do this. This needs to make more than February can provide, unless it star Jesus. Or Uni decides this is a lost cause.

My point? Warcraft to star Jesus.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

http://deadline.com/2014/12/jk-simmons-kong-skull-island-whiplash-1201325680/

J.K. Simmons, the journeyman actor who’s hot as a pistol after his turn in the Damien Chazelle-directed Whiplash, has been set to join Tom Hiddleston in Kong: Skull Island, the Legendary Pictures tent pole that Universal Pictures has set for March 10,2017 release. Jordan Vogt-Roberts is directing a script by John Gatins and Max Borenstein that focuses on the wild island home of the iconic ape King Kong.

• Like 2