CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla Thurs: 9.3, other thurs #s also: Neighbors 3.5M, ASM2: 1.9M

Well I am from the UK and I can say I have been in quite a few screenings with a interactive audience.

When I saw Spider-man 3, the scene with the secretary consistently reminding J. Jameson of his medications with the buzzer, had people literally screaming with laughter and then received a round of applause and a standing ovation.

The scene in Fast and Furious 6, when Vin saves Michelle by doing a superman, received a huge laugh and clapping as well as the reveal of Statham which got a standing ovation.

PA1 infamous leg drag scene made the audience scream so loud I can still hear the ringing in my ear.

Deathly Hallows Part 2 got several claps and a huge 'awwwwwwwwww' at the final scene with the trio looking at the train leaving the station.

The reveal of the girl killer in Scream 4 received a huge laugh and her self-mutilation scene caused a laughing riot.

The Da Vinci Code's reveal of the long distant relation to Jesus Christ received several laughs.

The worst reaction I have ever witnessed was during Van Helsing which received several boos and someone shouting 'this is shit'

Edited by theultimatebiu
  • Like 5

i think godzilla is going to be more frontloaded than we are expecting. 16 years since godzilla fans had a movie. with the cgi upgrades since then, imax, 3d, wb's great marketing, they are bound to rush out in huge numbers. 9.3 is truly amazing(no pun at spidey) but it will do well <10x imo. 

• Like 2

Going to watch Godzilla after work with my son, so I won't be checking the boards until after I get back.  Don't want to risk seeing any inadvertent spoiler posts.

I'm expecting this thread to be at 100+ pages when I get back, don't disappoint me :)

lol, and I saw 127 hours in a sold out showing. when he was cutting off his arm everyone was yelling stuff. Mostly just "oh shit, oh shit." some guy threw up. I didn't think it was that bad. was an awesome experience though.

Oh and best reaction goes to my audience during Insidious 2. The scene with the kettle throw received a huge collective 'Ooooooh Shit' followed by laughing for a good minute. Made a pretty average film all the more enjoyable.

Will be seeing Godzilla tomorrow in BFI London IMAX . I hope its a enjoyable experience. 

Edited by theultimatebiu

It does make me wonder if Apes could open to a higher number.

i think Apes has a shot at a $90mil opening. The impressive looking trailer (effects wise) and the goodwill that will surely come from the great first movie means it will open big imo.

• Like 1