baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

I can't believe this is having the biggest OD of the year. Holy shit. This will go down as the biggest shock of 2014. Kal will talk about this forever. This is like BKB predicting The Avengers to do 600M DOM all over again  :unsure:

That'd be true if it actually was the biggest OD of the year, period, but Mockingjay could double it in November, and DOFP, TF4 and Hobbit all have a chance to pass it as well. I wouldn't say this is a bigger shock than I Am Legend doing a $30m OD, for example.

Yep. Thats what I said Hatebox. He once said that a Masters of the Universe movie would make a billion....and that was before a billion was common. So excuse us all if Kals prediction doesnt impress.

Posted Image

Holy shit, this has a whole new meaning now  :ph34r:

Sony was already spoiling Gwen's death in late 2013. She is also blonde!

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 6

Fuck me, this is huge!

I went to sleep like 10 minutes before the numbers came in so can someone please update me on what happened here? :)

Biggest OD of the year. Godzilla just stomp Spider-Man and Captain America.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

I can't believe this is having the biggest OD of the year. Holy shit. This will go down as the biggest shock of 2014. Kal will talk about this forever. This is like BKB predicting The Avengers to do 600M DOM all over again  :unsure:

Uh not really. Several of us around here were predicting 80m+, with myself and a few others saying 90. Not to mention tracking had it at 75m+ several weeks ago already. 80m should have been expected. Of course 90m+ is surprising, but not by a massive amount.

Edited by MovieMan89

yeah, Godzilla seems to be really stamping all over the place...

quick update to the google trends graph i posted earlier in the Thursday thread:

Posted Image

That one contains data up until Thursday. And i marked the thursday numbers for CA2, TASM2 as well as Neighbours... I wont be surprised if this thing actually does explode even more on Saturday/Sunday. As for xmen. Next weekend is going to be really fierce :)

Edited by chuck0
  • Like 1

If this has a 38 mill OD its going to have a 98-100 mill OW. Damn! this is easily one of the biggest shocks for an opening weekend ever in my eyes

• Like 2

It won't have the record forever.

yes true it will not have the opening day sorry the biggest Opening Day this year for long but still after Spider Man and Captain America for Godzilla to be the biggest is quite shocking.