#ED

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

138 members have voted

1. 1. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014

easily an A from me. My complaints are small, and the film as a whole was really solid! Quicksilver was by far the best part of it all, and the film got a little slow after his departure. It picked back up though and was really entertaining! The visuals were great, the acting superb... one of the best X-Men films, if not one of the better superhero films made within the decade.

I have NO idea how I feel about this movie. 

I had to sit really really close, and for some reason after the opening credits I really never got into the movie. It seems like a mess, but I have to see it again. I will provide no grade or review till a second viewing. 

I have NO idea how I feel about this movie. 

I had to sit really really close, and for some reason after the opening credits I really never got into the movie. It seems like a mess, but I have to see it again. I will provide no grade or review till a second viewing. 

It's not a mess at all really.

What you just witnessed is the last comic book film of the pre 2008 era. This movie is so unashamedly 2003 that it's kind of a fascinating relic.

• Like 9

It's not a mess at all really.

What you just witnessed is the last comic book film of the pre 2008 era. This movie is so unashamedly 2003 that it's kind of a fascinating relic.

Thats why I have to see it again I know im crazy. I LOVE Bryan Singer and I LOVE X-men. 

Long day at work, plus late show time, plus I was high as fuck, plus I sat in the 4th row.  All I want to do is go see it again, im beyond excited.

I think it's absolutely terrific. Much smarter script than I would've expected. Some amazing setpieces, like the Pentagon sequence which is just crazy awesome. Bit of flab in the second act, but overall it's one of the most satisfying superhero adaptations. 

• Like 4

Okay, some thoughts now that I've cooled down. Firstly, I love that this year has already given us two blockbusters that are better than anything from last year (Cap2 being the other one). Also, this is the first good Singer's movie since X2, and second only to The Usual Suspects.

The biggest concern that I had going into this movie was how would the huge ensemble work on the screen. There was nothing to worry about. Focus is given where it should be: on the A-team, while some characters like Sunspot or Bishop were there without much explanation (it wasn't needed anyway) and without taking away valuable screen-time. Singer once again showed how he can handle the big cast, give everyone something to do and turn them into an advantage rather than some of them being an anchor to the plot, something he has lost since X2.

Another thing I loved was the pacing. Opening with a cool action scene to get us to know the new characters, to show the plot devices and to show how they work as a team, all in the first 10 minutes. Then we shift to the past and everything is perfectly built up for the final battle, both in the future and the past. I love it when films can do this (many directors try but fail) and this was one of those rare movies that made me care equally about the slow, character scenes and the action which was fantastic.

All in all, I'd say this is the best X-Men movie and in the top 5 of all the comic book movies

10/10

Some quick thoughts:

-Quicksilver: awesome :D Let's see how Whedon tops this :P

-The return of Jean and Scott was brilliant. Thanks for erasing that mess of X3 :)

-The score is great, listening to it right now and I'm in love :wub:

-Loved the scene with two Charleses and Stewart and McKellen also had a couple of great scenes

-Wolverine was great too, didn't expect that I could care for him after all this time. I also liked that the movie wasn't about him for a change.

-Post-credit scene: looked cool, I like the concept of the pyramids being created by a mutant(?!) but there's nothing more I can say at this moment.

-I know that Dinklage is American, but his accent was still a bit distracting :D

• Like 3

Well, I am not sure what to make of this film. I liked it, but I enjoyed FC more. So, I would probably rank this at as number 2, but that is hard since X2 did a terrific job of developing all the characters whereas this film was much more plot driven.

I wasn't wowed by the film, but I love, love the final scene of the film. I thought it was the perfect ending for the franchise. I kind of felt had this been the last X-Men film that would have been perfect. So, anyway, the last scene is the best scene ever in any X-Men film.

Now, for the rest of the movie, I enjoyed it. It had good pacing and all but like I said earlier, I wasn't wowed. Now, if I had gone in not knowing the story line or what this was about, I probably would have been very impressed, but I already knew the DoFP story line from the cartoon growing up. Now, as a kid, those were my favorite episodes, so I was glad to see it make the big screen.

I give this film a B+. 

• Like 1

I'd say this film is one that gets better the longer it plays. First act feels a little rushed and riddled with exposition, but by the end it's an exhilarating and emotionally satisfying romp. The last act is great all around.

So yeah best X-Men movie since X2.

I did have one minor problem with the film. How in the world did Mystique manage to shoot Magneto. I mean in all the films we see that he can stop bullets, so why not this time?

It wasn't a metal bullet :)

• Like 1

Quick thoughts: I thought the movie was awesome and a big F-U to X3. Still, I was hoping for more balance between the future and past scenes. My fear was it would basically be a First Class/Wolverine crossover movie and that wasn't too far off. I'll have to see it again, but for now, A-.

Enjoyed the movie, I'll give it a B or B+ for now but I really need to see it again to give it a final grade.  I'll try to give a better review later (even though that's not my strong suit :))

X1 10/10

X2 9/10

First Class/DOFP 8.5/10

• Like 1

Enjoyed the movie, I'll give it a B or B+ for now but I really need to see it again to give it a final grade.  I'll try to give a better review later (even though that's not my strong suit :))

X1 10/10

X2 9/10

First Class/DOFP 8.5/10

I see what you did there.

My grades:

1. X2 A(96/100)

2. XFC A-(92/100)

3. X-Men A-(91/100)

4. X DOFP A-(90/100) May go up with another viewing

5. TW B+(89/100)

6. X3 B+(87/100)

7. XOW B(84/100)

• Like 4

I see what you did there.

My grades:

1. X2 A(96/100)

2. XFC A-(92/100)

3. X-Men A-(91/100)

4. X DOFP A-(90/100) May go up with another viewing

5. TW B+(89/100)

6. X3 B+(87/100)

7. XOW B(84/100)

1. X2 A(96/100)

2. X DOFP A-(93/100) May still rise(or fall) with a second viewing

3. XFC A-(92/100)

4. X-Men A-(91/100)

5. TW B+(89/100)

6. X3 B+(87/100)

7. XOW B(84/100)

Changed due to confirmation that was Longshot at the beginning of the film. My two favorite X-Men characters (Nightcrawler and Longshot) are now the first on screen in my two favorite X-Men films. :D :D :D

• Like 1

Eh, I didn't care for it. I give it a C because Fassbender was cool, and Mystique's fight scenes were tight, but, I just didn't care for the story. I just thought X-2 is still the best X-Men movie, the rest are just meh to me.