CJohn

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising | May 20, 2016 | First Trailer on Page 8!

12 hours ago, nilephelan said:

I like Seth Rogen, but he is sort of on his way to becoming Adam Sandler 2.0 lately.  His shtick seems to be wearing thin with the general audience and he needs to find a way to evolve in the same way that Will Ferrell learned or eventually he will be making movies for Netflix.  

I don't see the connection. Besides Green Hornet which is an outlier in his resume, all his movies cost less than 40m. Some of them have connected more with the mainstream like Nieghbors or This is the End but otherwise he's not a big brand in the same way Sandler was. I doubt anyone expects from Sausage Party or other weird projects to make 100m at the BO. He 'll be fine doing his own thing.

Sandler's comedies in the 00s had 70-90m budgets and had 100m+ BO expectations.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joel M said:

I don't see the connection. Besides Green Hornet which is an outlier in his resume, all his movies cost less than 40m. Some of them have connected more with the mainstream like Nieghbors or This is the End but otherwise he's not a big brand in the same way Sandler was. I doubt anyone expects from Sausage Party or other weird projects to make 100m at the BO. He 'll be fine doing his own thing.

Sandler's comedies in the 00s had 70-90m budgets and had 100m+ BO expectations.

The connection is the manchild / stoner act starts to wear thin if you aren't careful and mix it up more.  

• Like 1

Critics seem to like it because it offers liberal "social commentary" with pro-gay marriage statements and a ton of pro-feminist scenes.  I was going to see this until those reviews made it seem like some annoying Huffington Post article come to life.

I'll just wait for it to hit HBO next year.  Always nice to hear Rose Byrne's real accent.

2 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

My estimates for opening weekend...

Opening Day: $20.4M

Saturday: $18.6M (-9.05%)

Sunday: $12.2M (-34.5%)

OPENING WEEKEND TOTAL: $51.2M

Yeah... that is not happening. I would say a 20-30M OW is what we are looking at.

On 5/17/2016 at 1:02 AM, Gumby said:

Critics seem to like it because it offers liberal "social commentary" with pro-gay marriage statements and a ton of pro-feminist scenes.  I was going to see this until those reviews made it seem like some annoying Huffington Post article come to life.

Says Gumby.

I'll admit seeing Nice Guys right after this amplified my issues with it, but this was super disappointing to me

Just watched the trailers for it (as customary after I watch a movie) and I notice they cut FOUR funny looking sequences from the movie which is super disappointing

- Airbags in Sorority House

- Garf and the officer in a tank

- Beth and her dad

- Awkwafina talking with Byrne and Rogen

Also dildo tea party and Moretz flip-kicking Rogen is in the trailer but not in the respective sequences in the movie

Edited by Blank Panther
  • Like 1