Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

All I can say is this is mostly wrong.  The numbers I used did not include any of Thursday's grosses.  I know better than that.  Also the data involved a "sample" of theatres if by sample you mean a total of 3,600 theatres or more.  That is, it was the vast majority of total theatres that have the ability to report grosses.  

Posted Image

• Like 5

All I can say is this is mostly wrong.  The numbers I used did not include any of Thursday's grosses.  I know better than that.  Also the data involved a "sample" of theatres if by sample you mean a total of 3,600 theatres or more.  That is, it was the vast majority of total theatres that have the ability to report grosses.  

Posted Image

• Like 3

No.

Well that hurts. and I don't want to take your abuse anymore. & I know I don't want to take you or your luggage to the airport.

Is Halle's ego still that big? She seemed eager to come back this time even though her role was gonna be small from the start. The years of disappointing box office numbers probably softened her :ph34r:

She negotiated for fifth billing despite having maybe 5 lines.

It'll take like, 5 shitty summers in a row to make hollywood re-evaluate anything.

But, I thought DOFP was supposed to be the anti-Hollywood block buster movie that we should all be embracing, and if it's going to be doing the same kind of numbers that the despised Spider-Man is doing, then what exactly is Hollywood learning?

All I can say is this is mostly wrong.  The numbers I used did not include any of Thursday's grosses.  I know better than that.  Also the data involved a "sample" of theatres if by sample you mean a total of 3,600 theatres or more.  That is, it was the vast majority of total theatres that have the ability to report grosses.  I was also very careful to use comps that were being polled at a similar number of locations.  In other words, I know what I'm doing.

Shit is getting real...

Posted Image

• Like 5

But, I thought DOFP was supposed to be the anti-Hollywood block buster movie that we should all be embracing, and if it's going to be doing the same kind of numbers that the despised Spider-Man is doing, then what exactly is Hollywood learning?

the lesson shouldnt be coming from DOFP, but the fact that spider-man will end up below DOFP...

All I can say is this is mostly wrong.  The numbers I used did not include any of Thursday's grosses.  I know better than that.  Also the data involved a "sample" of theatres if by sample you mean a total of 3,600 theatres or more.  That is, it was the vast majority of total theatres that have the ability to report grosses.  I was also very careful to use comps that were being polled at a similar number of locations.  In other words, I know what I'm doing.

This is so exciting, it's like watching:

Posted Image

2 box office titans with different ideologies for accomplishing the same task.

• Like 9

If Transformers only opens to around 90m like most of these May movies, no live action film will beat CA2. Just crazy.

I'm fine with that. CA2 was just that much more awesome in my opinion.

But I am expecting record breaking numbers for the next Hunger Games movie, and maybe even Hobbit 3.

Who knows, maybe the little movie called Guardians of the Galaxy might break out bigger than we all thought.

• Like 4