Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

I hate how big drops are always put down to bad WOM.Surely there's fan boy rush that has to be taken into account? Not even fanboy rush, just general audience excitement and rush.There's only so many people that are going to watch an XMen film in cinemas. Maybe they all just went out quickly?Times are changing, yet WOM always gets blamed as seemingly the sole reason.I'm not big on XMen, and haven't seen it, so I don't really care. However this talk annoys me.

It's to be expected. You think Gravity got it's money because people wanted to go see it? It got great WOM that got people to go see it. I know, I was one of them. CA2 may have had it's fans, but it also had some great WOM, which is why the movie has had the staying power that it has.

50 new pages since I left this place. Do I want to catch up or not?

before you answer I'll answer my own question

Posted Image

Isn't that the riddle of the day?

Posted Image

Thought we'd shake things up...

• Like 9

All I can say is this is mostly wrong.  The numbers I used did not include any of Thursday's grosses.  I know better than that.  Also the data involved a "sample" of theatres if by sample you mean a total of 3,600 theatres or more.  That is, it was the vast majority of total theatres that have the ability to report grosses.  I was also very careful to use comps that were being polled at a similar number of locations.  In other words, I know what I'm doing.

Posted Image

• Like 5