Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Maleficent - 6.11

DOFP - 1.84

A Million Ways - 1.12

Reference Points:

Oz - 6.41

Fast 6 (2nd Friday) - 1.51

Thanks. Seems Maleficent's losing some ground on Oz

If I'm right about where it'll end up (1025m) and about the average ticket price of the year ($8.30), it'll be about 290m away.

I was talking about the openings, not where the whole month would end up.

Thanks. Seems Maleficent's losing some ground on Oz

Lucky for Maleficent it did 4.2M yesterday, while Oz only did 2M on Thursday night.

• Like 1

x-men 10-12m according to v

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/box-office-angelina-jolie-maleficent-casts-70-million-plus-us-opening-1201199070/

it is 21.8% ahead of ff6 according to spatula's numbers so far, which gives it 13m. factoring in the ff6 west coast boom folks here have mentioned, 10-12 seems right.

isn't a jump higher than Captain America 2 at this point of the year unreasonable? Why should that happen?

isn't a jump higher than Captain America 2 at this point of the year unreasonable? Why should that happen?

yeah, for the big mem day openers, indy 4's 135% is the biggest. others are 90-115%.

135% gives dofp 11.67m. i don't think it will go that high.

From Variety

The third weekend of “Godzilla” will finish fourth in the $13 million range after devouring $162 million in its first two weeks.

It will be a photo finish between Godzilla and TASM2 in terms of final gross by the looks of it.

Edited by grim22