Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Finally caught up.  This is my first time at a pc since last Sunday.  My thoughts on a few things.

If Maleficent opens to 25 mill, how in the world does Variety have it only doing 65?  Wouldn't it get a healthy Saturday bump?

Thurs:  4.5

Fri:  20.5

Sat:  25.5

Sun:  18.7

So close to 70 mill.

The Matrix is top ten film of all time for me. I hold it in as high esteem as films like Empire Strikes Back, Aliens, FOTR and Pulp Fiction.  It's a movie that redefined cinema.

I'm watching Terminator 2.  Fucking brilliant.  Come with me if you want to live.

Million Ways to Die is good and very funny.  I think it might have good legs.  If it opens to 25, hopefully it hits 100.

A 35 mill weekend is where X-men will land.  I don't care what the reports are, it has to fall that hard, because that's what X-men's do.  35 mill gives it a 61% drop.  That would be outstanding.

Godzilla only falling 55% this weekend is not enough.  It should drop another 65%.  

I don't have the whole story yet but it seems that Shawn has cut back from posting significantly.  I love the guy and Shawn is the heart and soul of this place.  He might take his predicting too seriously (his words) but I think a lot of us do at times.   Shawn has been a friend and he has been a guy who stuck with me and showed incredible loyalty by allowing me to be a moderator here.  I know that my style of posting doesn't always endear itself to all of the posters here but Shawn defends me because he knows who I am.  He is also a tireless contributor in front of and behind the scenes.  I take my hat off to him.  He is one of a kind.  So if he says that he takes things too seriously, so be it.  If he says that we cannot shoot the messenger when he is just reporting the numbers that he gets from studios, so be it.  

Glad to see we have two RTH's here.

Good to be able to chat with you all, finally.   :)

And finally I'll leave you with this:

Posted Image

Edited by baumer
  • Like 19

Sorry baumer but no way A Million Ways hits 100 m with a 25 m OW.and I say that as someone who had it in his top 15.

It's summer time.  4X is not out of the question.